> Dodge Viper Is Dead, "cuda" On The Way
Todd Simpson
post Nov 4 2017, 07:46 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Dodge is killing off the VIPER sports car. Low sales, emissions issues, etc. It's got a huge v10 and it guzzles gas and has a huge carbon footprint, but it sure looked cool smile.gif Sorry to see them go. The days of the "Big Iron" (10 cylinders or better) super car seem to be nearing the end. Most vendors are "going green" and using hybrid electrical systems with much smaller motors and using turbos in many cases to make up the difference. I guess it had to happen at some point smile.gif Bye bye Viper!

HELLO CUDA!! As a replacement, the viper factory will be re fitted to make the upcoming BARRACUDA. The car looks a LOT like a challenger to be honest. But it does at least have a back seat smile.gif so it's a bit more practical. Glad to see the cuda badge being brought back and I'm curious to see how fast it is ;0) The good news is that it's going to have a HUGE V8 with a super charger. No electric hybrid system, not battery powered. I fear these won't be in production for much longer either. Such is progress. If anyone wants to buy a new hot rod, now is the time smile.gif Or wait til 2020 when the Cuda comes out!

https://auto-trends.net/2020-dodge-cuda-srt...pped-from-line/

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 7 2017, 06:27 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Nov 6 2017, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

How cool does that look???
The 'Cuda was always one of my favourite Muscle Cars and that interpretation is great!! Let's hope it goes as well as it looks!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
post Nov 6 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #3

Learning Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 13.839

Nice! Tweak the hood a little and put some spoilers on it and It looks a lot like my favorite version of the Cuda. A 1970 Plymouth AAR.

http://www.stockmopar.com/aar-cuda.html

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 7 2017, 06:26 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Now that's a CUDA smile.gif I hope they finalize it with some touches from that. I understand the design is still up in the air at this point. As it's not coming til 2020. They say it's gonna cost as much as a viper so it better be awesome!

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Nov 6 2017, 10:37 AM) *
Nice! Tweak the hood a little and put some spoilers on it and It looks a lot like my favorite version of the Cuda. A 1970 Plymouth AAR.

http://www.stockmopar.com/aar-cuda.html

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2017 - 04:35 PM