> New Gear /review To Follow!
Todd Simpson
post Dec 1 2017, 02:22 AM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

This device started on KICKSTARTER. It's called the TONE SHIFTER 3 and I think it's the future. It's built like a tank, it's a full midi foot switch and it's an audio interface with USB power. So one cable/usb to your computer, and you can have foot switch control over BIAS or whatever plugin you like. It's also got guitar inputs and quarter inch outputs that can go to an amp or direct to the mixing board. It makes the laptop on stage very feasible. It also works with any IPHONE or IPAD running JAM UP ORO or GUITAR RIG. smile.gif Your entire rig could be your phone and this pedal. Wow. It's on the way!

Attached Image

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/2364...ounds-interface

here it is controlling mobiles and laptops

here it is controlling a kemper, it could control my eleven rack too

live music demo

One thing to keep in mine that the patch lag will be exactly what your device gives. So if you are using an older iphone6 with jam up, the patch lag will be worse than using a brand new Iphone 10 for example. Or if you are using an ancient macbook pro, lag will be worse than using a faster macbook. It doesn't accellerate patch changes, just sends the midi signal to change a patch. So the patch lag on the Axe FX will still be there as well. Some folks say they don't notice it on the AXE FX, John Petrucci won't use the axe fx for amp tones for that very reason of not liking the patch lag. He only uses it for fx which can be switch on off via external switching system which is why he rocks two units.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 1 2017, 02:33 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 02:46 AM