> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jonnyrocker's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
post Dec 17 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi Jonnyrocker! Welcome to Gab's Army, my mentoring program.

Before we start working, I would like to know more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonnyrocker
post Dec 20 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 22.879

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 17 2017, 03:59 PM) *
Hi Jonnyrocker! Welcome to Gab's Army, my mentoring program.

Before we start working, I would like to know more about you.

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for enlisting me into your army :-)

1. I’ve been playing for ten years this month.
2. My favourite guitarists are largely unknown underground artists but here I’ll try and list some more mainstream influences.. rage against the machine, sublime, jaya the cat, rancid, Capdown, King tubby, jimmy cliff, the prodigy, senser.. I love mixing ska, punk, reggae, dub and metal together so generally any bands that do this I like. I also love folk music and I play a fair bit of acoustic and sometimes play the odd folk gig on my own. Folk influences would be Neil young, dick gaughan, the pogues ect
3. My guitar goals are varied. At the moment I’m mostly focusing on songwriting, recording, mixing skills and tone. I’m currently working on a new album with my band. We recently got together and recorded the scratch tracks for the first 8 songs of it and I’m now going over it all and deciding on and recording all the parts so that I have demos and I know exactly what I’m going to play when we go into the recording studio. Currently I don’t intend to focus on doing the video lessons here at gmc until we have finished the album however most of my guitar skills that I have, I owe to gmc lessons as I’ve done many of them over the years. I’ve not however been a member here for the last couple of years. My main reason for coming back to gmc is for the instructors and the community and I’m hoping for constructive criticism and guidance if I post the tracks I’m working on and even for suggestions of scales and chords to use ect and especially advice with mixing and tone.
4. In 5 years time I’d like to be still playing lots of gigs and working on another album. I’d like to get better at all aspects but especially tighter rhythm playing, better chord knowledge and better songwriting.
5. The amount of Guitar I play each day varies it can be ten minutes one day or 4 hours another day but I probably average around an hour a day
6. I have lots of live experience, my band play regularly and we play all kinds of gigs from peoples living rooms to squat parties to pubs to venues, illegal raves and festivals big and small.
7. My strong points on Guitar would be improvising (especially minor scale), writing melodies, using fx, playing reggae skank rhythm and power chord punk and average lead Guitar. My weaker points would be tone, recording and mixing, playing asvanced chords (other than straight and inverted bar chords and power chords) and also fast lead runs.
8. My music theory understanding is pretty good but has holes in it. I know the major and minor scale in all keys across the whole fret board, how to build chords ect but I’m not so good with modes
9. I’ve not tried to record videos, I probably can but I think I’d prefer to record into my daw and post the audio so that it’s better sound quality as if I record a video it’ll be on my phone and the mic in it is not so good.

Hope that answers your questions.

If you want to hear my band here is a link to our Spotify https://open.spotify.com/artist/5B6jZ6Ia54v...XTiSZU7RvZNxv4A we are a 3 piece and I play guitar and do about half of the singing.

I will post some of the stuff I’m currently working on shortly. Something I most need help with at the moment is recording a reggae style skank rhythm and mixing it. I find it very difficult and frustrating as I’m competent at playing it but when I record it and then try to mix it sounds very weak and thin.

Many thanks!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Dec 20 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Hi mate! That's very interesting!!

I like the plan. I can help you with the production of your new track giving feedback and suggestions any time you need it. I'll start by listening to your previous stuff to get familiar with your music, and I'll be here ready to listen to your new recordings in order to give suggestions regarding composition, arrangement, sound and mix.

I would be helpful for this thread to have more details about what you use to record. Daw, soundcard, processors, mics, guitar amps or emulators, and anything else that could give me an idea of your current set up.

I'm glad to be part of your music journey. Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2018 - 01:06 PM