Kristofer Dahl
post Jan 12 2018, 02:18 PM
Post #21

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 11 2018, 03:47 PM) *
I took the neck off and I saw that the neck pocket wasn't painted. What I could see of the grain was beautiful (Ash) and the black paint and the polyurethane was several coats thick. Stripping it decreased the weight and opened it up a bit.

ok cool - congrats again for a beautiful guitar!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
post Jan 12 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 17.304

New, that Squier was only $179.00 US in 1987 (from Guitar Center).
Over the almost 30 years I've had it, I've probably put close to $1000.00 parts and labor into it.
Ironically, the price of an American Standard.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
post Jan 18 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 4.557

I had a Squier Vibe Classic a few years back, really excellent bang for the buck guitar. The first thing I did was swapping the pickups to a set of DiMarzio Injectors and also got some new pots from RS Guitarworks. Huge improvment.
I also changed the trem block to a heavier brass one. Should I have kept it, I would have gotten new saddles and locking tuners...
I know there's a lot of extra money but with all that it would be a great instrument. It sounded gresat and the neck was really nice...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jan 18 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

QUOTE (ztevie @ Jan 18 2018, 04:33 PM) *
I had a Squier Vibe Classic a few years back, really excellent bang for the buck guitar. The first thing I did was swapping the pickups to a set of DiMarzio Injectors and also got some new pots from RS Guitarworks. Huge improvment.
I also changed the trem block to a heavier brass one. Should I have kept it, I would have gotten new saddles and locking tuners...
I know there's a lot of extra money but with all that it would be a great instrument. It sounded gresat and the neck was really nice...

I can confirm the classic vibe's are a bit underrated, maybe some doesn't feel paying as much for a Squire but they are good guitars.

I also remember liking the injectors very much when demoing in a store. Wasn't chimey (positions 2-4 was still nice though) but it took the entire gain range like a champ.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2018 - 05:46 AM