Best Guitarist: Allan Holdsworth
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2018, 12:07 AM
Instructor
Who does agree with Steve Vai?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 27 2018, 12:23 AM
GMC:er
I really like to hear Allan talk! I've stole some of his chord voices here and there.
But his music, still haven't been able to get my head around it although my ears are slowly starting enjoy it as days go by.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 27 2018, 04:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 26 2018, 08:23 PM) *
I really like to hear Allan talk! I've stole some of his chord voices here and there.
But his music, still haven't been able to get my head around it although my ears are slowly starting enjoy it as days go by.

I've discovered this album this week. Have you heard it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
verciazghra
May 27 2018, 06:19 PM
GMC:er
I don't think there's such a thing as a "greatest" anything. Everyone has their quirks and whatnot. But I find what makes a guitarist or musician great is their ability to be authentic with their expressive vision(or art). Allan might be the best at this. He doesn't conform to many conventions(if any), he just found the words he liked from one language and made it his own. I love him and his music and he's probably the fusion musician I've listened to the most(followed by Gambale). Had the fortune of seeing him live with my favorite fusion drummer(Virgil Donati).

A truely unique individual who followed his heart... wish he didn't drink so much alcohol in his later years or he might still be kicking(maybe)...

This post has been edited by verciazghra: May 27 2018, 06:21 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2018, 04:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (verciazghra @ May 27 2018, 02:19 PM) *
I don't think there's such a thing as a "greatest" anything. Everyone has their quirks and whatnot. But I find what makes a guitarist or musician great is their ability to be authentic with their expressive vision(or art). Allan might be the best at this. He doesn't conform to many conventions(if any), he just found the words he liked from one language and made it his own. I love him and his music and he's probably the fusion musician I've listened to the most(followed by Gambale). Had the fortune of seeing him live with my favorite fusion drummer(Virgil Donati).

A truely unique individual who followed his heart... wish he didn't drink so much alcohol in his later years or he might still be kicking(maybe)...

Yeah, I agree with your thoughts here. I've shared this video because it's cool to talk about allan, and know different points of views regarding his approach to guitar playing. He definitely had a big impact in electric guitar but he never had the same recognition than more "mainstream" guitarists like Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Steve Vai, Malmsteen, Satriani, and the list can continue for many lines...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2022 - 02:36 AM