> Get Auto-gain Plug-ins For Mixing
Mertay
post Jul 8 2018, 05:25 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

Whenever we change a parameter from an eq or a compressor, we change the overall output of a track. Keeping track of these levels can be very hard, in-fact its something even the most recognized mastering engineers always keep strong focus.

We mention room acoustics, better monitors etc. as being important for a good mix but forget the fact that we also fool ourselves while adjusting fx. Same goes for creating guitar tones, how loud you hear affects your perception thats why for guitar I always recommend a backing track but we can't use that trick when mixing individual tracks.

Here are some freeware's you guys can find, keep in mind they're as good as payware stuff;

https://www.tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs/

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

Melda plug-ins needs a quick analyze for auto-gain but you can do more aggressive shaping with them while TDR stuff to me is more about gentle approaches.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jul 9 2018, 01:20 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Great Stuff! I'm gonna add them to my thread about free plugins if thats cool?
Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 8 2018, 12:25 PM) *
Whenever we change a parameter from an eq or a compressor, we change the overall output of a track. Keeping track of these levels can be very hard, in-fact its something even the most recognized mastering engineers always keep strong focus.

We mention room acoustics, better monitors etc. as being important for a good mix but forget the fact that we also fool ourselves while adjusting fx. Same goes for creating guitar tones, how loud you hear affects your perception thats why for guitar I always recommend a backing track but we can't use that trick when mixing individual tracks.

Here are some freeware's you guys can find, keep in mind they're as good as payware stuff;

https://www.tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs/

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

Melda plug-ins needs a quick analyze for auto-gain but you can do more aggressive shaping with them while TDR stuff to me is more about gentle approaches.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jul 9 2018, 09:35 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Cool smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jul 11 2018, 12:55 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

Had just a moment to review but it looks promising. Sad it's being found month after I've bought a license for Waves F6 which seems to be very efficient and user friendly...at least for me....and the price was very cheap for a Waves product....considering it was not a Black Friday sale.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Jul 11 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 11 2018, 11:55 AM) *
Had just a moment to review but it looks promising. Sad it's being found month after I've bought a license for Waves F6 which seems to be very efficient and user friendly...at least for me....and the price was very cheap for a Waves product....considering it was not a Black Friday sale.

No problem, you're professional and can live without auto-gain biggrin.gif I hated waves back in the day but not so much after they finally reformed themselves. I haven't tried the F6 but they're a company today making products I can blindly suggest to friends.

But do check the over stuff from TDM, I really like their Kotelnikov comp. . As for Melda, the free auto-pitch alone is worth the download wink.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 11 2018, 05:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
post Jul 12 2018, 12:10 AM
Post #6

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 17.069

There is a lot of great and free or at least affordable stuff out there these days. I'm not realated to waves that muhc but a few plug-ins simply work for me....it's like I do the adjustment and hear what expected. Sounds simple but it's not so obvious. X-click is a great plug-in as well. Waves prices were usually ridiculous...I guess these days they realize that these products are quite long in the market and lot's of competiion has grown. I got some plug-ins for 29 Euro each while some of these were up to 400$.

I was considering getting and API compressor by Waves but in Cubase 7.5 there is very simlar and nice wroking Vintage Compressor so I decided to save some money wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 07:41 PM