New Pan Knob :)
Mertay
Oct 22 2018, 05:51 PM
GMC:er

This new plug-in got a lot of attention cause its tech is actually very simple yet can be an amazing time saver.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 22 2018, 07:10 PM
GMC Founder
Did not really get the explanation video though, what does it do? I guess it keeps the frequencies below the crossover in the center, so the pan only affects frequencies above.

To replicate that I guess you would simply not pan quite as hard using normal panning.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 22 2018, 08:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 22 2018, 06:10 PM) *
Did not really get the explanation video though, what does it do? I guess it keeps the frequencies below the crossover in the center, so the pan only affects frequencies above.

To replicate that I guess you would simply not pan quite as hard using normal panning.

Exactly, it has a widener feature as an extra (when panned more than %100) but thats not really recommended as a general use. I haven't tried it yet as such a plug-in needs to be tested in a rather dense mix but it makes sense to me overall as when mastering, often the low-end on the sides are cut anyway to give a better center bass feel as well as widen the stereo image without using widener plug-ins that mess with phase.

The most basic way to replicate it is to double a recorded track, place a crossover on both channels (set to same freq. point), solo the crossovers highs and pan while solo the crossover on the other channels low and keep it at the center.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2021 - 07:26 PM