+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 8 2018, 04:41 AM
Post #2

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Good pull!! Vocals are something that most of us as guitar players don't spend nearly enough time making sound good, if we even include vocals at all. I must admit, I'm guilty as anyone of not including vocals in my compositions. It's so much easier to just leave the vocals out, I don't really sing, I don't know any singers in this country that I can just call up and say "hey can you write lyrics and sing on this and just shoot me the track back like now!!". As a result, myself and most guitar guys that I see on youtube, have lots of songs with no vocals.

The problem this creates is that most people connect with the vocal track and lyrics in a way that they just can't connect emotionally with just an instrumental track. This is especially true for folks that are not musicians. Of course it's not everyone, SOME FOLKS prefer music with no vocals, even though they don't play an instrument. But in general, by and large, regular folks really need to hear a vocal melody with decent lyrics to really connect to a song. I hate to say it, Marty Friedman did have a point all those years ago when I bashed him for saying the same thing. There is some truth to it.

Even if I had vocals on a track, I'm not great at mixing them since I rarely do it. I plan to start looking for vocalists that I can work with on projects and plan to include them in my future material. There are wads of web sites that let folks collab and many of them have good singers who just wanna sing.

So thanks for the share!
Todd

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 6 2018, 04:58 PM) *

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
post Nov 8 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 18.294

Well, this is very advanced mix tricks so no one should feel bad if they don't understand it. Still very inspiring too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Nov 12 2018, 07:48 AM
Post #4

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Very cool video, it can harding finding videos where a pro reveals all his mixing "tricks of the trade."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 05:22 PM