Picking On A Strat, hand on bridge?
AdamB
Aug 9 2007, 11:23 PM
GMC:er
Hey,

I'm working a lot on my alternate picking of late, as I want to get that really good before I move on to legato and sweeping. However, I'm not really seeing any improvement despite hours and hours of playing to the metronome. When I first started doing metronome excersises I saw a vast improvement in about 1 month, but since then I've gotten stuck at the same speed and can't seem to get passed it.

I'm thinking it might be my right hand picking technique, as I tend to not put my hand on the bridge at all and just anchor my hand with my pinky on the pickguard. Could this be causing the problem, or should I be able to improve using this method?

I don't use the 'hand anchored on the bridge' technique because I tend to find that with my strats american floating tremolo I a) can't get a good angle with my wrist so it is hard to pick the low strings (E, A and D) and cool.gif that the whammy bar kind of restricts my hands movement. The whole position just generally feels very alien and uncomfortable.

-Adam Bradley

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:59 AM