Earthquake Near La
Mertay
Jul 6 2019, 10:29 AM
GMC:er
Klasaine and other friends living close to the earthquake, post here when possible.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 6 2019, 01:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ken (Klassaine) was in Italy a few days ago, hopefully he's still there, I've sent him a message on Facebook wink.gif

Update :
Keen had got back to me. He said, "Thanks for checking in! Still in Italia. The earthquakes are/were about 125 miles to the north east of LA proper. I have someone staying at my house and they told me that nothing really happened other than them feeling it."

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 6 2019, 01:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2019, 05:06 PM
The "Big One" is overdue it seems. I'm glad Ken is OK! I have heard from my friends that live in LA and it seems folks near Bakersfield took the brunt of it. I just hope everything west of the San Andreas Fault Line doesn't just crack off and sink.
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 6 2019, 08:02 AM) *
Ken (Klassaine) was in Italy a few days ago, hopefully he's still there, I've sent him a message on Facebook wink.gif

Update :
Keen had got back to me. He said, "Thanks for checking in! Still in Italia. The earthquakes are/were about 125 miles to the north east of LA proper. I have someone staying at my house and they told me that nothing really happened other than them feeling it."

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 6 2019, 07:04 PM
Ha, ha!
We're actually moving north against the san andreas fault. We'll smash into canada and Alaska.
The quakes were 125 miles (about 200km) NE of the LA metro area. A friend is at my house and says everything is fine.
LA county is massive and has an area of 4,751 square miles (12,310 km2), of which 4,058 square miles (10,510 km2) is land and 693 square miles (1,790 km2) (15%) is water.
Sometimes when the news reports about LA, especially regarding disasters, a lot of the time it's very outside of the metro area and somewhere in the outskirts of the county or even in the next county. For most of the world, So. Cal is los angeles. Anyway, here's hoping they stay outside of LA.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jul 6 2019, 07:05 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2019, 07:06 PM
Bakersfield is about to be Beach Front Property!!! smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 6 2019, 02:04 PM) *
Ha, ha!
We're actually moving north against the san andreas fault. We'll smash into canada and Alaska.
The quakes were 125 miles (about 200km) NE of the LA metro area. A friend is at my house and says everything is fine.
LA county is massive and has an area of 4,751 square miles (12,310 km2), of which 4,058 square miles (10,510 km2) is land and 693 square miles (1,790 km2) (15%) is water.
Sometimes when the news reports about LA, especially regarding disasters, a lot of the time it's very outside of the metro area and somewhere in the outskirts of the county or even in the next county. For most of the world, So. Cal is los angeles. Anyway, here's hoping they stay outside of LA.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:52 PM