Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pod Xt Live And Recording
Xin
post Aug 20 2007, 05:34 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.325

I use a PodxtLive with the Line6 version of Riffworks - $99. It also has instant drummer built in which is excellent quality drum samples that do not need programmed. You can make very good recordings with this setup. I have to use a separate MIDI program (Ableton Live) for Bass but you could probably run a bass guitar through the Line6 with decent results. Riffworks is the easiest program I have seen to record guitar and drum parts. I highly recommend this setup to record guitar tracks. You can export these tracks into other programs such as Audition if you want to add vocals, bass, etc.

--------------------
XIN

Guitars:
1987 Japanese Strat bought in Okinawa, Japan - Floyd Rose
2006 - 30th Anniversary Schecter C-1
2006 - Ovation Balladeer
2007 - ESP Stephen Carpenter SC-607B 7-String Baritone

Amps:
2003 Mesa Boogie Dual Recto half stack
2006 Marshall AS100D acoustic amp

Effects:
Line6 PodXtLive
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
post Aug 20 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #22

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.387

QUOTE (Xin @ Aug 20 2007, 12:34 AM) *
I use a PodxtLive with the Line6 version of Riffworks - $99. It also has instant drummer built in which is excellent quality drum samples that do not need programmed. You can make very good recordings with this setup. I have to use a separate MIDI program (Ableton Live) for Bass but you could probably run a bass guitar through the Line6 with decent results. Riffworks is the easiest program I have seen to record guitar and drum parts. I highly recommend this setup to record guitar tracks. You can export these tracks into other programs such as Audition if you want to add vocals, bass, etc.

i have the toneport gx. its good and has gearbox but can only record guitar. i was saw the rifftracker you said and i like it becuase you can get the drums. but are they only samples? and looking at the rifftracker i came across the toneport (first one). it can record guitar, bass, vocals, and drums and has its own recording program.

Xin: is the rifftracker good?

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
post Aug 25 2007, 06:15 AM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.484

I use POD XT Live, and in my opinion it's a great tool to record via USB.
I used BOSS GT8 before and it was veri difficult that it sound's good in the PC (but also I like all the effects).
With the POD all is easier, I use my own presets with all the effects, I never use any extra effects in my computer, all of theme where in the POD.
Well, if want to see how it sounds you can listen my last songs: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=733445

(for example listen: Persefone, Tecnocopter or Jade)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 03:50 AM