Th-u Classic Rock In 5 Minutes, Feel free to add
Phil66
Jun 13 2020, 09:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Here's a bloke seeing up TH-U from scratch for a classic rock sound.

I really like TH-U, for me the UI is near perfect where icons look like the real thing (Skeuomorphism). Some people don't like it but it suits me down to the ground,

Feel free to post any videos like this showing how to build from scratch, it's a great way to learn how effects interact. It's more like the olden days when you'd buy an amp, then get a pedal and test more pedals and chains by borrowing pedals. Presets in those day were other people's pedal chains that you copied when you'd saved your pennies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRrM8rUBYWY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
</div>[color="#000000"][/color

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2020, 08:46 AM
GMC:er
I like it for the same reasons smile.gif I love that the bits of kit look like what they represent. I really didn't dig the interface for the plugin version of the helix for the same reason. Also, the lessons learned in building patches/presets carry over in to the real world. E.G. Trying a clean boost at various positions in your signal chain gives you a pretty good idea of what would really happen if you did the same with an actual guitar/rig/ setup.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 13 2020, 04:53 AM) *
Here's a bloke seeing up TH-U from scratch for a classic rock sound.

I really like TH-U, for me the UI is near perfect where icons look like the real thing (Skeuomorphism). Some people don't like it but it suits me down to the ground,

Feel free to post any videos like this showing how to build from scratch, it's a great way to learn how effects interact. It's more like the olden days when you'd buy an amp, then get a pedal and test more pedals and chains by borrowing pedals. Presets in those day were other people's pedal chains that you copied when you'd saved your pennies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRrM8rUBYWY

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th July 2020 - 07:34 PM