Diy Pink Strat Guitar, My first, made from scratch guitar
Darius Wave
Sep 8 2020, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Gabriel has already cought me on facebook, so I decided to share it with gmc as well. Sooooooo
Attached Image

Here it is....my very first, fully self-made electric guitar.It's a strat inspired guitar with reversed headstock and fat neck. I used alder, sapele and ebony. Why? Because this particular alder piece was so bright that there was no chance to make it sound good with a maple neck (I tried with 2 different maple necks and then decided to go for Sapele)

I made a use of some spare accesorries I had in my "closet". As for electronics there are 2 Fender Prodigy ceramic Single Coils + Dimarzio DP155. Bridge and tuners are something close to sung il level. Haven't found anything improper to have reason to replace them...at least not yet.

Frets - 22 medium nickel/silver - typical fender standard fretwire - I wanted somethig easy to work with. They are not ultra hard so crowning was going nice and fast.

I accidentally made a thing that actuallyl has a name "720 mod" i guess...
The neck is lower than usually - fretboard contacts the surface of body (no space for pickguard to slide in). It has some nice affect on high frets access but it is a coincidence. I was setting up the neck pocket with a 21 fretted neck so I forgot that there should be 3 mm more left for the pickguard to hide under extended piece of fretboard.

I did some paint job with acrylic primer, synthetic color and acrylic 2K spray cans. I left enough time between coats, so different paints didn't react with each other.

All made it all in my flat, with no actual conditions to do such a things (my wife have to truly love me, she didn't tell me yet to take all this and get lost tongue.gif)

It turned out suprisingly well even with some issues in process. I guess 20 years of servicing guitars didn't went for nothing. Still wondering why did I made it so late smile.gif

Why the color? Wife was jocking and i took the challenge wink.gif

Why the name? Actual color is "princess violet"...little fun with letters and the name is ready - Violent Princess

That was the project I made graphically during the process:
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Sep 8 2020, 04:33 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 8 2020, 07:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's great Darius,

I've been watching this build on Facebook, nice one cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
</div>[color="#000000"][/color

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 8 2020, 07:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think you already know my opinion about your Violent Princess (BTW I like very much the name). It sounds and looks truly gorgeous!!! I would love to play on it. smile.gif
Must be an amazing feeling to play on a guitar made by you from the scratch. Probably this kind of feeling can't be describe in words.
Remembering all the pictures that you posted with the stages of the build, I can imagine how much work and time you put into it. But...definitely the result it's a well deserved reward. smile.gif
Huge congrats for such an amazing work!!! You never stop to amaze me. smile.gif

BTW I'm quite sure that if I look in dictionary at the definition of the word "skills", I will find your name. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 8 2020, 08:19 PM
That's great Darius,

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 8 2020, 08:44 PM
GMC:er
Pretty! I love the reverse headstock.
Is the middle pkup set lower than the neck pkup?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 8 2020, 09:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 8 2020, 06:21 PM) *
That's great Darius,

I've noticed! Thanx for your suppor Phill smile.gif You've seen how much work it took

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 8 2020, 09:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 8 2020, 06:53 PM) *
I think you already know my opinion about your Violent Princess (BTW I like very much the name). It sounds and looks truly gorgeous!!! I would love to play on it. smile.gif
Must be an amazing feeling to play on a guitar made by you from the scratch. Probably this kind of feeling can't be describe in words.
Remembering all the pictures that you posted with the stages of the build, I can imagine how much work and time you put into it. But...definitely the result it's a well deserved reward. smile.gif
Huge congrats for such an amazing work!!! You never stop to amaze me. smile.gif

BTW I'm quite sure that if I look in dictionary at the definition of the word "skills", I will find your name. biggrin.gif

You're too kind...as usual tongue.gif

Funny thing is is that I remember you talking about some kind of "girlish" tone in strats while this one is soo girlish in look biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Sep 8 2020, 09:10 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 8 2020, 09:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Sep 8 2020, 07:44 PM) *
Pretty! I love the reverse headstock.
Is the middle pkup set lower than the neck pkup?

Thx Ken!

They are set for similar height but I have a temporary problem with black cover avaibility (proper spacing). Awaiting one to arrive. I got these in white covers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Sep 8 2020, 09:11 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2020, 10:02 PM
GMC:er
Super congrats! A new baby joins the collection. Looks like great work!! It's a big job for sure and looks perfect!

Todd

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 9 2020, 05:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 8 2020, 08:02 PM) *
You're too kind...as usual tongue.gif

Funny thing is is that I remember you talking about some kind of "girlish" tone in strats while this one is soo girlish in look biggrin.gif

Hmm......your memory never fail, I recognize my words. tongue.gif

Hahaha......the look it's "girlish" and first time it makes you think if you should eat it but the sound reveal more an undercover killer in a princess dress. biggrin.gif That's why I love it.
Also on the other side, a pink guitar has an advantage. It can't be lost because it can be seen from the plane (of course this works only if you don't loose the princess among flamingo birds). biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 9 2020, 07:48 AM
GMC Founder
Oh my - this is so cool Darius. I always wanted a pink guitar btw 😁

I have been very close to order DIY kit just to get started, having nowhere near your luthier experience. I have a vision of a custom 5 string guitar, strat style.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 9 2020, 09:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 8 2020, 09:02 PM) *
Super congrats! A new baby joins the collection. Looks like great work!! It's a big job for sure and looks perfect!

Todd

Thx Todd! Sure it toos some sweat and tears smile.gif But...the final result is undescriabable biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 9 2020, 04:50 AM) *
it makes you think if you should eat it

Yeah biggrin.gif That was my first impression as well...play it or eat it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 9 2020, 06:48 AM) *
I always wanted a pink guitar btw 😁

I guess most of us wanted...not all admit publically biggrin.gif

Going for a kit is always fun. Great beginning. These days there are so many valuable materials in the web, that somebody with enough patience and lack of "both left hands" could do the job nicely smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 9 2020, 09:37 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 9 2020, 10:01 AM) *
I guess most of us wanted...not all admit publically biggrin.gif

hehe I want the Fender Hello Kitty guitar, I think I could make some great vids with it 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 9 2020, 03:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 9 2020, 08:37 AM) *
hehe I want the Fender Hello Kitty guitar, I think I could make some great vids with it 😁

Hello Kitty seems a little expired these days tongue.gif Too many people had teh same idea at the same time tongue.gif Gotta go for some new kind of "pink" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 9 2020, 04:05 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 9 2020, 04:44 PM) *
Hello Kitty seems a little expired these days tongue.gif Too many people had teh same idea at the same time tongue.gif Gotta go for some new kind of "pink" smile.gif

So you're saying they are now vintage / collectors item? 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 9 2020, 06:06 PM
Instructor
No....that would be actually. It's rather the face there was so much hype to make laugh of hello kitty guitar that it lost it's magic biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 9 2020, 07:19 PM
That's great Darius,

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2020 - 07:10 AM