Problems With Gp-5/freeware Tab Software
Kai Muehlenbruch
Aug 17 2007, 07:13 AM
Instructor
So that´s it...

i could also name this threat "help the stupid instructor" or so *g*

today again i was like throwing the thing out of the window...so i ordered the education version of sibelius 4
because i needed it anyways...i am not really good in making tabs with such programs like guitar pro...well, i started using the program seriously when i started with gmc

...so help of you guys would be cool smile.gif

its a cool program but some things keep confusing me. perhaps its just learning by doing as usual, BUT
the problems with using "my" gp-5 files keep confusing me, also...

i used powertab, back in time...now i am experimenting with using a cool freeware...

this program here works for mac and pc
http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

and it supports gp files...

perhabs i should kinda convert files before uploading them :/

Thanks for any suggestions wink.gif
Kai

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 17 2007, 07:19 AM
Instructor
I will download the TuxGuitar and see how it works! Never tried it as i hate getting used to new software!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kai Muehlenbruch
Aug 17 2007, 07:23 AM
Instructor
yeah sometimes i dont like doing new stuff too GP is confusing me :/ but sitll a cool program

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 17 2007, 07:25 AM
GMC:er
I use it, reads most of the GP files on this site well enough. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 17 2007, 07:27 AM
Instructor
TuxGuitar can save to GP4 file format, and can open GP5 files but when i click PLAY it says UNAVAILABLE SOUNDBANK ERROR.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Kai Muehlenbruch
Aug 17 2007, 07:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 17 2007, 08:25 AM) *
I use it, reads most of the GP files on this site well enough. tongue.gif

yeah sure! that helped a lot blink.gif i am about to write guitar pro an email

FOR A DOWNGRADE TO VERSION 5 blink.gif good? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 17 2007, 07:31 AM
Instructor
Actually to version 5.0!! You have version 5.1 or 5.2 biggrin.gif Don't mess up again! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

"Dear Guitar pro developers! Could you possibly create a downgrade patch which would allow me to work peacefully at GMC?" laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 17 2007, 02:20 PM
I've had problems with TuxGuitar and GuitarPro on this site, GP tabs from Ultimate-Guitar work fine, but from this site it says I need to update it. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JOhn
Aug 17 2007, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Aug 17 2007, 11:20 PM) *
I've had problems with TuxGuitar and GuitarPro on this site, GP tabs from Ultimate-Guitar work fine, but from this site it says I need to update it. sad.gif

lol there was some guy who said its because you torrented it free.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 17 2007, 02:46 PM
Tux Guitar is free though, so I don't get why it wouldn't work due to illegal torrenting.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JOhn
Aug 17 2007, 04:14 PM
oops i thought you meant you hand gp and it didn't work my bad laugh.gif

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 17 2007, 05:07 PM
Oh I do, I got Tux because GP wasn't working. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Aug 17 2007, 09:35 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 17 2007, 08:27 AM) *
TuxGuitar can save to GP4 file format, and can open GP5 files but when i click PLAY it says UNAVAILABLE SOUNDBANK ERROR.

Pavel, you need to download this: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/so...k-deluxe.gm.zip and install it according to this: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/so...ks.html#install

(Just unpack it to "C:\Program\Java\jre1.6.0_02\lib\audio" or wherever your java is located. If the audio folder doesn't exist just create it

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Kai Muehlenbruch
Sep 19 2007, 12:56 AM
Instructor
Hey COOL! smile.gif thnx for the help everyone... i have gained some skills in GP5 now, but still good to get extra advice!

cheers,
Kai

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2020 - 08:17 AM