Jason Becker Sweeps Slowed Down To Learn
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2021, 12:22 AM
GMC:er
Jason Becker is an amazing player. He was stricken with illness and has not played in quite some time. Yet he is still respected and revered by entire guitar community. He was breaking new ground nearly every time he picked up the guitar. He had enormous skill and technique but also a great sense of harmony and song craft. He is, as most know, wheel chair bound and unable to speak. However, that doesn't keep him from creating music and sharing it. In this video, a close friend of his shares some of his killer sweeps and plays them nice and slow so we can see what is going on. I'm trying some of them myself. I'm not a "sweep guy" but this vid has given me inspiration. I hope it inspires you guys as well.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Apr 9 2021, 08:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
The guy who plays the guitar in that lesson has a great lesson series called In the Style of Jason Becker. It's nearly 5½ hours long and it is well worth it, in my opinion. It comes in 3 volumes.

Here are the links to the store where you can buy it:
Vol. 1, Vol. 2 and Vol. 3

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 9 2021, 09:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 10 2021, 08:56 PM
GMC:er
Super thanks for that!!! Some great lessons from this guy!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 9 2021, 03:33 AM) *
The guy who plays the guitar in that lesson has a great lesson series called In the Style of Jason Becker. It's nearly 5½ hours long

Here are the links to the store where you can buy it:
Vol. 1, Vol. 2 and Vol. 3

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Apr 10 2021, 09:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2021, 08:56 PM) *
Super thanks for that!!! Some great lessons from this guy!!

It's definitely worth getting. Lots of great topics and tips smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th June 2021 - 06:44 AM