Affordable Fender Squire Affinity Series
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2021, 06:55 AM
GMC:er
As Phil found out, FENDER have some very affordable guitars these days! He recently picked one up for a travel axe. Fender has released the AFFINITY series. This is a set of squier guitars that are quite affordable. About $250. There are quite a few to choose from as well. If you want something Stratty, or more Tele, or something jazzy, they got you covered. These look quite nice for this price IMHO. I'm really sorta shocked they are able to produce Fender guitars this cheaply. What do you guys think?

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/fender-exp...zzmaster-models

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 26 2021, 07:16 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love my Jazzmaster, pound for pound probably the best guitar I've bought. It just doesn't feel or play like a cheap guitar, no sharp fret edges, the pots feel lovely and smooth, just a great guitar.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
azureus
Apr 26 2021, 08:28 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 26 2021, 07:16 AM) *
I love my Jazzmaster, pound for pound probably the best guitar I've bought. It just doesn't feel or play like a cheap guitar, no sharp fret edges, the pots feel lovely and smooth, just a great guitar.

Hay Phil ... i'm gonna buy the strat i guess! ... wink.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 26 2021, 09:03 AM
QUOTE (azureus @ Apr 26 2021, 08:28 AM) *
Hay Phil ... i'm gonna buy the strat i guess! ... wink.gif smile.gif

If its anything like my Jazzmaster you won't be disappointed, it plays as good as any of my other guitars wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 26 2021, 09:28 AM
While they're mostly recognized by the affordable models, the expensive ones (doesn't pass 500 bucks these days) are just as good for the money.

Their "classic vibe" series are very popular here, some even go to the store to get a mexican but ending-up with a Squire isn't a rare occasion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 26 2021, 10:11 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 26 2021, 09:28 AM) *
While they're mostly recognized by the affordable models, the expensive ones (doesn't pass 500 bucks these days) are just as good for the money.

Their "classic vibe" series are very popular here, some even go to the store to get a mexican but ending-up with a Squire isn't a rare occasion.

If you hid the logos and told me this was a £1000 guitar I wouldn't argue, I guess the difference would show more on stage in front of a bank of Marshalls and I guess in five years hard gigging then the price would become more apparent but for normal usage, especially at home, you can't beat them and I'd even say if you're a home guitarist, don't even spend any more unless you're a collector wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2021, 12:29 AM
These are hard to beat for the money. Well built, good sound, etc. Im amazed Fender will sell a guitar at this price point. I figured the starter would be around $500. it's great to see. New players can buy a very nice guitar from a known builder with a good reputation without breaking the bank. ibanez used to have this segment sorted but seems to be losing ground a bit. i've not heard good things about the very low ibby starter guitars lately.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 26 2021, 05:11 AM) *
If you hid the logos and told me this was a £1000 guitar I wouldn't argue, I guess the difference would show more on stage in front of a bank of Marshalls and I guess in five years hard gigging then the price would become more apparent but for normal usage, especially at home, you can't beat them and I'd even say if you're a home guitarist, don't even spend any more unless you're a collector wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 27 2021, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't go for the Ibby I was looking at now.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 27 2021, 12:29 AM) *
These are hard to beat for the money. Well built, good sound, etc. Im amazed Fender will sell a guitar at this price point. I figured the starter would be around $500. it's great to see. New players can buy a very nice guitar from a known builder with a good reputation without breaking the bank. ibanez used to have this segment sorted but seems to be losing ground a bit. i've not heard good things about the very low ibby starter guitars lately.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Apr 27 2021, 06:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
Harley Benton makes some great affordable models.

I have tried their cheapest tele and junior and they were staying in tune, sounded great with their original pickups, and the frets were polished and well rounded on the edges.

Both of them were under 150€ (each)!

If anyone is interested I can post videos of them so you can hear them, and let me know your comments/opinion on them.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 28 2021, 04:41 AM
Yes please do!! I hope phil posts some vids of his new fender as well!!

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Apr 27 2021, 01:48 PM) *
Harley Benton makes some great affordable models.

I have tried their cheapest tele and junior and they were staying in tune, sounded great with their original pickups, and the frets were polished and well rounded on the edges.

Both of them were under 150€ (each)!

If anyone is interested I can post videos of them so you can hear them, and let me know your comments/opinion on them.

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Apr 28 2021, 12:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
This is the DC-junior from Harley Benton

This is the telecaster TE-30 from Harley Benton

This post has been edited by Steve Gilfield: Apr 28 2021, 12:09 PM

+Quote Post
azureus
Apr 28 2021, 02:45 PM
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Apr 28 2021, 12:09 PM) *
This is the DC-junior from Harley Benton

This is the telecaster TE-30 from Harley Benton

Thank you for the post and indeed they sound like a very expensive one! ohmy.gif .. but the little guy is important too !! a good player makes everything sound good ..! and this sounded really good! rolleyes.gif ... so ... I'm googling! smile.gif

+Quote Post
azureus
Apr 28 2021, 03:23 PM
QUOTE (azureus @ Apr 28 2021, 02:45 PM) *
Thank you for the post and indeed they sound like a very expensive one! ohmy.gif .. but the little guy is important too !! a good player makes everything sound good ..! and this sounded really good! rolleyes.gif ... so ... I'm googling! smile.gif

just ordered .. a strat !. am curious! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2021 - 02:46 AM