Ash Will Be The Next Ebony, Brazilian Rosewood...
Mertay
Apr 26 2021, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
https://guitar.com/news/industry-news/fende...climate-change/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 27 2021, 01:04 AM
Yup. Fender announced a bit back that they would stop using ASH wood in their guitars. this is a HUGE change as Fender has been using SWAMP ASH as it's main wood since the Titanic sank, or thereabouts. With all of the restrictions on woods and environmentalism, I think we may start seeing fabricated materials make their way in to guitar builds. Even things like Carbon Fiber are starting to be seen in guitars. As technology advances and carbon fiber gets easier to produce and work with, (hopefully) I dare say we will start seeing it and other "non tree" materials used more often in various things including instruments.

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/fender...be-used-instead

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 26 2021, 12:58 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 27 2021, 01:05 AM

+Quote Post
petitkyu
Apr 27 2021, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 27 2021, 02:04 AM) *
With all of the restrictions on woods and environmentalism, I think we may start seeing fabricated materials make their way in to guitar builds. Even things like Carbon Fiber are starting to be seen in guitars. As technology advances and carbon fiber gets easier to produce and work with, (hopefully) I dare say we will start seeing it and other "non tree" materials used more often in various things including instruments.

I understand the environment concern. But it’s such à pleasure to shape à piece of wood into a guitar!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Apr 27 2021, 06:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
Aristides guitars have been making instruments from Richlite instead of wood.

Richlite is an incredibly durable, extremely versatile, and highly sustainable material made from resin-infused paper. It works similar to a dense hardwood and can be easily milled, sanded, routed, and joined.

https://aristidesinstruments.com/story/history

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 27 2021, 07:55 PM
Since Indonasia became a location for affordable guitars, there have been quite a few new wood types introduced.

These are widely accept by the modern guitar community but I think the problem is with traditional guitar design and the expected sound from them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 28 2021, 04:32 AM
The good news from all of this is that I think we will finally see more innovation in terms of guitar construction/design. As raw materials continue to become scarce, builders will have no choice but to find other ways to build guitars. I am optimistic to see what people come up with. Necessity is the mother of invention after all smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2021 - 02:48 AM