The Most Recycled Riff In Heavy Metal
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 27 2021, 04:12 PM
Instructor
I've heard this riff many times but "Two Minutes to midnight" was my first contact with it. That's why I find this track really surprising... the whole song is similar and the band is called "Midnight Chaser"!

There are many other bands that are also playing the same one! This video is very funny...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Apr 27 2021, 07:27 PM
Learning Roadie
I like this riff very much, the first time I heard it was also by listening to Iron Maiden.

I also like the tone, I tried to create a tone as close as possible.

Using Guitar Rig 5.
Just trying to copy the sound, let me know what you think or if you would change anything.
Here I am using the bridge pick-up

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Apr 27 2021, 07:28 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2_minutes_to_midnight_riff_tone.mp3 ( 117.55K ) Number of downloads: 24
Attached File  Iron_Maiden___2_minutes.zip ( 4.75K ) Number of downloads: 19

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 27 2021, 07:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 27 2021, 07:27 PM) *
I like this riff very much, the first time I heard it was also by listening to Iron Maiden.

Using Guitar Rig 5.
Just trying to copy the sound, let me know what you think or if you would change anything.

the odd thing is this sounds pre 80 , deep purple-ish

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 28 2021, 04:40 AM
GMC:er
Works for me!! smile.gif I like the tone very much. Has an old school maiden vibe to it! I used to really love guitar rig. I used it for years before I finally switched to OVERLOUD. The Overloud METAL plugin is a good way to go for getting good metal tones without an amp and it's cost effective as well. It's the most 'Metal' bits of the plugin without the other stuff.

It's a great way to build vintage metal rigs all the way up to modern metal rigs.

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Apr 27 2021, 02:27 PM) *

Using Guitar Rig 5.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2021 - 02:34 AM