4 Ways To Reduce Cpu Load In Reaper
Mertay
Apr 29 2021, 06:09 PM
GMC:er

The first 3 are kind of obvious if one has some experience. Jump to 7.20 as the last one is pretty cool.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2021, 10:51 PM
Rendering/Freezing tracks is a great way to save cpu. It just renders the effects and bakes them in to a new track so that you don't have to run live audio through a bunch of real time plugins. Of course, a frozen track can't be modified without needing to re render/freeze it, but it's a great way to open your system resources back up if you are running up against a wall.

Doing sub projects is a very cool idea. never tried that before. Spiff!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 29 2021, 01:09 PM) *

The first 3 are kind of obvious if one has some experience. Jump to 7.20 as the last one is pretty cool.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 30 2021, 07:57 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 29 2021, 09:51 PM) *
Doing sub projects is a very cool idea. never tried that before. Spiff!

Me too, at first I thought if its sort of a torture for the harddisk to keep rendering like that but probably in a realistic workflow such approach gets its usage only near the finishso shouldn't be too bad. Will definitely keep this in mind.

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 7 2021, 01:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 7 2021, 11:41 AM
Learning Roadie
Very cool i didn't know about subprojects

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Ibanez Rg770FM
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Ax8
Axe Fx Ultra - GCP Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th May 2021 - 02:25 AM