Hand Stretching
MercyfulDiamond
Aug 20 2007, 01:18 PM
GMC:er
I was trying to play scales on my bass and I was just wondering:

If a scale spans like 5 frets, F major first positon for example, when the pinky has to hit the fifth fret, should my whole hand just move with the pinky to hit that fret or should I be working on getting my hand to be able to comfortably stretch towards that without movign the entire hand?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 20 2007, 04:24 PM
Instructor
On these stretches you make by moving your left hand wrist forward, to the front of the neck so you get better access to low strings and low frets. I would suggest you work on stretches so you can fret 1st fret, 3rd fret and 5th fret without lifting other fingers. So, fret 1, keep it there, fret 3, keep it there, and fret 5, and than move back.

Hope it helps!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 20 2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor
And thumb goes down pretty much,as your wrist goes forward smile.gif
Don't be afraid if you see it at the bottom of the neck here and there. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:55 PM