Ibanez Xiphos
Dave10
Aug 20 2007, 07:58 PM
GMC:er
hey, just been to my local guitar shop and came across the Ibanez Xiphos. i think it looks amazing!
just wondered if anyone owns one / has played one or what they think of it?

cheers, dave

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=XPT700

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 20 2007, 09:57 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ive played it quite a few times actually!

My friend has teh Ibanez VBT700, Which has the same pickups and neck as teh Xiphos, from what ive played, the Xiphos is amazing, fast neck, smooth metal sound or brutal riffage, and a great lead sound, and its rather cheap to!

Plus, Muhammad Suicmez of necrophagist endorses it, so it must be kickass! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Terry
Aug 21 2007, 06:21 AM
GMC:er
yes i own one, when i first got it the action was quite high and the p/u's are ok. but once i had the guitar setup and i put emg p/u's in then it played great. the only realy bad thing about this guitar is where ibanez put the guitar strap buttons. once you put a strap on and stand up the neck dives to the floor. then you've got to hold up the neck while you play. sucks big time ibanez dropped the ball on that. but if you go to ibanez's website forum there is a guy that has a link on where and how to move the strap buttons so the guitar will sit balanced. very good and unique guitar for the price range.

--------------------
guitars- dean razorback shards with emg pickups, ibanez xiphos with emg pickups, ibanez rg42 neckthrough with emg's, schecter she-devil with seymour duncan's, usa jackson soloist neckthrough with emg's, all are active pickups

amps- mesa boogie triple recto 150w tube head with mesa 4x12 cab (celestion speakers), vox ad30vt combo

effects- bbe sonic maximizer

strings- ghs 10-52 picks-dunlop 1mm

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:10 AM