Kiko On What Not To Ever Do With Your Guitar.
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2021, 09:56 PM
GMC:er
Some great advice from Kiko here. It's not what I expected AT ALL. But he has a good point. After all, a guitar is meant to be played, to be enjoyed. It's not a museum piece. Some folks are more worried about putting a scratch or dent on their guitar than they are about actually being able to play. Sure, if one wants a "collectible" guitar and keeps it under glass that's fine and dandy, but if one actually does care about playing the guitar, being overly careful with it can actually get in the way. I don't keep any of my guitars in cases. All of my current axes are meant to be played. I did have one that I kept in a case, the RG3570z prestige. Barely ever touched it as it the nicest guitar I've ever owned and I was terrified of dropping it. When I sold it, I didn't miss it that much at first as I rarely played it.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

*Here is GABE with KIKO licks!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Kiko-Loureiro-Licks/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Yesterday, 02:08 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 3 2021, 10:51 PM
Big dislike and disagreement from me. To be honest the video felt like a bad idea of click-bate...

Anyway, my guitar sits in a case and the case is right next to the computer, nearing its 25th age. I'm probably one of the rare GMC'ers who only has 1 guitar smile.gif but this works for me (and have friends doing this too who makes a living playing guitar).

It's never locked, without getting up the chair I just reach and start playing. I'd guess many wouldn't be ok with a guitar-case always on the floor but it works. If it was on a stand thanks to my cats or my own clumsiness would have been broken a long time ago.

I'm ok with the marks on it cause I bumped it on the desk a few times but if it had happened cause of carelessness I'd question my self-discipline.

Edit; I forgot I actually had a travel guitar (Jachson JS10) because I haven't travelled for a year biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 4 2021, 08:14 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2021, 04:55 AM
It sounds like your axe is well loved and played with nicks and bumps on it. smile.gif Mine are the same. I do keep them on stands but I don't have cats. still, some folks are very careful and case their guitars all the time which is fine as well. To each his own.

I did find that when I stopped casing my guitars all the time, that I played/practiced more as it was just easier to get to them. I keep at least one guitar near my office chair and one near my bed, both on stands. I just rotate which guitars are in those spots. The easier one makes it to just grab a guitar, the more likely one is to just grab it a bit more often imho. Still, everyone is different I guess. smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 3 2021, 05:51 PM) *
Big dislike and disagreement from me. To be honest the video felt like a bad idea of click-bate...

Anyway, my guitar sits in a case and the case is right next to the computer, nearing its 25th age. I'm probably one of the rare GMC'ers who only has 1 guitar smile.gif but this works for me (and have friends doing this too who makes a living playing guitar).

It's never locked, without getting up the chair I just reach and start playing. I'd guess many wouldn't be ok with a guitar-case always on the floor but it works. If it was on a stand thanks to my cats or my own clumsiness would have been broken a long time ago.

I'm ok with the marks on it cause I bumped it on the desk a few times but if it had happened cause of carelessness I'd question my self-discipline.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2021 - 01:55 PM