Can Metal Ever Rebound
jstcrsn
Jul 4 2021, 03:16 PM
Learning Tone Master
After watching Rick beato 'Spotify top ten metal ' and being utterly disappointed I came across this

The lack of talent , song writing , mixing , just floored me

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2021, 11:50 PM
GMC:er
I was also sorta taken aback by the lack of quality in the songs. Also, so much of the production sounds soooooo very similar. As if everyone is using THE SAME DRUM SAMPLES and the SAME IR files. So much so that the digital gloss is almost too much.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 4 2021, 10:16 AM) *
After watching Rick beato 'Spotify top ten metal ' and being utterly disappointed I came across this

The lack of talent , song writing , mixing , just floored me

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 5 2021, 06:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Yeah, I got disappointed too by the list sad.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 5 2021, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Things went too far but since we have to much ease on getting the reference tone, we start to "normalize". I guess at some point even if someone wanted to copy exact tone of his idol, there were too many factors between player and the tape that made difference. There was also more common to see live the same rig player actually used to record on his album. It all had it's charm.

These days I guess it's hard to avoid so much similarity in tone since everytime you hear something sound better,m you want to get to that point. Very often player's taste meet at soem point. I start to pass on judging this. That's just the point we're at now. Some players do stand out even if they would use the same "preset" as most of others smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 5 2021, 11:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
The sad thing , Dino Jesulick's video was awesome. Frontier pulled copyright and took it down. I can not even find it. It makes no sense to not at least promote a video on Frontier's chanel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2021, 01:44 AM
GMC:er
Very true smile.gif It's easy to get great tone these days with just a plugin and a preset. So it really does come down to the player. if the player sets himself apart with great playing, he will stand out. if not, it will just sound like everyone else.

I am a bit let down by many of these top 10 metal lists recently. keep waiting to be really impressed by something and it keeps not happening. I'm sure there is GREAT music out there that just hasn't got any traction yet. I'm looking forward to hearing it smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 5 2021, 01:29 PM) *
Things went too far but since we have to much ease on getting the reference tone, we start to "normalize". I guess at some point even if someone wanted to copy exact tone of his idol, there were too many factors between player and the tape that made difference. There was also more common to see live the same rig player actually used to record on his album. It all had it's charm.

These days I guess it's hard to avoid so much similarity in tone since everytime you hear something sound better,m you want to get to that point. Very often player's taste meet at soem point. I start to pass on judging this. That's just the point we're at now. Some players do stand out even if they would use the same "preset" as most of others smile.gif

Dino is awesome. Here is that killer cover of JANE he did with Portnoy. Shared before, but worth another. smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 5 2021, 06:11 PM) *
The sad thing , Dino Jesulick's video was awesome. Frontier pulled copyright and took it down. I can not even find it. It makes no sense to not at least promote a video on Frontier's chanel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2021 - 02:35 PM