Would you buy this amp?
YES [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
HECK NO!! [ 1 ] ** [100.00%]
Total Votes: 1
Guests cannot vote 
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2021, 01:55 AM
GMC:er
In this age of plugins and processors, are people still buying tube amps? Do players still want to spend nearly $3,000 on a heavy, unwieldy, old tech, hunk of iron? Well, short answer is YES!!! smile.gif People are still buying tube amps and they are still buying amps that seem a bit crazy pricey like this one. The brand spanking new PRS HX line. So why is this big iron so darn pricey despite being based on technology many decades old? Good question!!!

Well, this amp is a very specific beast. It’s based on the amp Jimi Hendrix used at woodstock. Basically a Marshall Superlead without a Master volume control. This is the key bit. Why would you want an amp without a master control? Well, the advantage of an amp like this is that is has enormous dynamic range. Since there is no Master Volume knob, the volume knob is directly impacting how much gain their is in the tone. The louder you crank it, the more gain you get. One can go from grit to lead gain by simply adjusting the amount of picking pressure being used. So this is a very very expressive and dynamic amp.

QUESTION: WOULD YOU PAY 3K FOR AN AMP LIKE THIS? OR WOULD YOU RATHER GET KEMPER AND JUST HAVE THIS AMP PROFILE?

*Here is a GMC lesson about gearing up!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/gear-t...arshall-tsl601/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Yesterday, 02:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2021, 02:21 PM
Instructor
It sounds great! But I would just capture it with Quad Cortex. laugh.gif

Maybe we get lucky and someone does and we can go to the app and download it. These are the PRS captures available now:

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 8 2021, 02:23 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2021, 04:37 PM
GMC:er
Good point!! smile.gif You don't really need a Kemper anymore as you can just use the quad cortex and profile it just the same smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2021, 09:21 AM) *
It sounds great! But I would just capture it with Quad Cortex. laugh.gif

Maybe we get lucky and someone does and we can go to the app and download it. These are the PRS captures available now:

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th August 2021 - 02:21 PM