Ngd Shrodder Guitar
Todd Simpson
Sep 28 2021, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
This is a hand built axe from Shrodder Guitars in Germany. I'll be doing a full review on it. So far I really like it. Thin neck, unfinished and roasted of course and a pickup config similar to the Ibanez RG565.

Here is their web site. This guitar is called the REAPERBAHN and he made it just for me. I asked for a neck as thin as he could create.

https://shroedderguitars.com/

WHAT DO YA THINK?

Attached Image

check out this 80s themed guitar lesson
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...am-rock-lesson/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 29 2021, 02:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 28 2021, 08:03 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looks good, never heard of this brand Shrodder, I have heard of Schroeder though, are they related in any way?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 28 2021, 08:06 AM
Do they have a website?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2021, 02:29 AM
Similar name. It's german so it's actually pronounced SHREDDER. They are pretty new. He started making guitars by hand not long ago and put up the web site.
Here is their web site!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 28 2021, 03:03 AM) *
Looks good, never heard of this brand Shrodder, I have heard of Schroeder though, are they related in any way?

Should have included that!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 28 2021, 03:06 AM) *
Do they have a website?

This guitar is called the REEPER BAHN and he created it for me as I asked for as thin a neck as possible. Its' based on the original IBANEZ WIZARD profile

Here are the specs.

Alder body
Roasted maple chocolate neck
25.5 scale
R2 nut
16" Radius
"Wizkid" neck contour, for the thinner neck profile fans.
20mm at first fret - 22mm at 12th
24 Stainless Steel Medium Jumbos
Abalone inlays

*Featuring
- Schaller Lockmeister made in Germany
- High output Dual rails humbucker with balanced mids and super tight bass, combined with a mini Sweetbucker for sweet singing leads, custom made in Chech republic
- Göldo 500k friction free pot
- Kluson Brass/Gold vintage 3 way switch
- Kluson locking tuners
- Düssenberg strap locks

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 29 2021, 02:34 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2021, 05:41 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 29 2021, 02:29 AM) *
Similar name. It's german so it's actually pronounced SHREDDER.

Yes, due to th umlaut over the 'o' but I thought that gave the 'o' an "ee" sound, maybe the double consonant after the 'o' gives it a hard vowel sound as in English. Let's hope a German speaker comes along and enlightens us cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Sep 29 2021, 11:05 AM
Learning Rock Star
While not German my understanding is that it's more of an ø-sound. Not that that helps you, I suppose tongue.gif

And I think the r is more of a French/German/danish gutteral r than the more rolling one in the English language. I'll record an example soon.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 29 2021, 11:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2021, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 29 2021, 11:05 AM) *
While not German my understanding is that it's more of an ø-sound. Not that that helps you, I suppose tongue.gif

And I think the r is more of a French/German/danish gutteral r than the more rolling one in the English language. I'll record an example soon.

I'm thinking "shrerder" with the middle sounding as in "herd" like a "herd of cattle".

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 29 2021, 11:11 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Sep 29 2021, 01:48 PM
Learning Rock Star

Basically combine these two smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2021, 07:47 PM
Yep that's how I was trying to phonetically type the word https://youtu.be/0cYGW38rp3o?t=71

Thanks Ben cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2021, 10:57 PM
Thats it exactly!! At least that's how he explained it to me when I asked. that basically, it ends up being pronounced similar to 'shredder". but in German of course smile.gif

We have been talking about this build for a long time and I'm thrilled with it. I asked if he could make the neck similar to an original wizard profile in terms of thickness and thats what this axe is all about. It's very similar to a RG565 which are harder and harder to get as most places are just taking orders as "back orders" as there is a big backlog on tons of guitar builders just now due to shortages.

The WHIZKID neck is his version of the WIZARD neck. Im getting familiar with it now and I plan to make several vids.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 29 2021, 08:48 AM) *

Basically combine these two smile.gif

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Sep 29 2021, 11:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
So...back to the guitar! How does it play and feel? Will we get a demo? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2021, 11:35 PM
It plays and feels great! i want to get more familiar with it before I start making vids but i plan to make several. It's very versatile. I've never had a twin blade style single coil in a guitar before so that's new for me and I like it. I've also never had an unfinished roasted maple neck and I gotta say now i get why that has become a 'thing". More to come!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 29 2021, 06:00 PM) *
So...back to the guitar! How does it play and feel? Will we get a demo? smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2021 - 10:24 AM