2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Bookmarks Isue, Not able to view bookmarks
liveOASISforever
Sep 28 2021, 06:56 PM
GMC:er
Hi

I am having problems viewing bookmarks. Its coming up with coding and mentions javascript. I am using Microsoft edge and have tried resetting my internet settings and disabling and then allowing javascript. Still no luck

Anyone any suggestions.

Thanks
Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 28 2021, 08:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I get the same in Edge. Have you tried Firefox?, that's fine.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 28 2021, 09:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
happens in chrome too

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 29 2021, 07:51 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks a lot for reporting this.

I am struggling to recreate this issue.

Can you please let me know what OS you are using? Right now my assumption is that this is a windows issue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Sep 29 2021, 10:13 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 28 2021, 07:23 PM) *
I get the same in Edge. Have you tried Firefox?, that's fine.

I will try Firefox Phil. Thanks

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 28 2021, 08:45 PM) *
happens in chrome too

Yeah also happening with me in chrome.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 29 2021, 06:51 AM) *
Thanks a lot for reporting this.

I am struggling to recreate this issue.

Can you please let me know what OS you are using? Right now my assumption is that this is a windows issue.

No Problem Kris

Yeah I am using Windows.

It has only started to do this recently.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 29 2021, 11:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Have you tried updating java? Not sure if that could be an issue. I'll check if I have the problem too when I get home.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 29 2021, 11:18 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Sep 29 2021, 11:13 AM) *
No Problem Kris

Yeah I am using Windows.

It has only started to do this recently.

Please let me know what version of windows, as I will set up a cloud based machine to test this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Sep 29 2021, 12:03 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 29 2021, 10:18 AM) *
Please let me know what version of windows, as I will set up a cloud based machine to test this.

I am using Windows 10 version 21H1

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 29 2021, 10:03 AM) *
Have you tried updating java? Not sure if that could be an issue. I'll check if I have the problem too when I get home.

I will give it a go Ben . Thanks

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2021, 12:09 PM
I don't use Edge much but I tried it when this was reported.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

You get a dialogue box when you click the bookmarks link, the title of the box says "Guitarmasterclass says" and in the box is this script:

{"action":"load","status":true,"data":"<li class=\"tree_root_folder\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_1_178060\"><a href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>Bookmarks<\/span><\/a><ul><li class=\"tree_folder tree_folder_close\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_3_178063\"><a href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>Lessons completed<\/span><\/a><ul><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178089\"><a url=\"\/misc-lessons\/first-steps-the-first-day\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 1 - The First Day<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178090\"><a url=\"\/misc-lessons\/first-steps-the-grand-tour\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 2 - The Grand Tour<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178091\"><a url=\"\/solo-guitar\/first-steps-lets-play\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 3 - Let us Play<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178092\"><a url=\"\/solo-guitar\/first-steps-note-this-as-well\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 4 - Note This Well<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178093\"><a url=\"\/misc-lessons\/first-steps-reading-and-writing\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 5 - Reading and Writing<\/span><\/a><\/li><\/ul><\/li><li class=\"tree_folder tree_folder_close\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_3_178094\"><a href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>Lessons needing work<\/span><\/a><ul><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178095\"><a url=\"\/ls\/first-steps6-the-scales-of-justice\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 6 - The Scales of Justice<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" ...

UPDATE:

It doesn't diplay the whole script above, it does display it when I copy and paste it but there must be something in the script that makes it go wonky in the forum. I hope it's enough to help though.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 29 2021, 12:14 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 29 2021, 12:24 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 29 2021, 01:09 PM) *
I don't use Edge much but I tried it when this was reported.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

You get a dialogue box when you click the bookmarks link, the title of the box says "Guitarmasterclass says" and in the box is this script:

{"action":"load","status":true,"data":"<li class=\"tree_root_folder\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_1_178060\"><a href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>Bookmarks<\/span><\/a><ul><li class=\"tree_folder tree_folder_close\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_3_178063\"><a href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>Lessons completed<\/span><\/a><ul><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178089\"><a url=\"\/misc-lessons\/first-steps-the-first-day\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 1 - The First Day<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178090\"><a url=\"\/misc-lessons\/first-steps-the-grand-tour\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 2 - The Grand Tour<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178091\"><a url=\"\/solo-guitar\/first-steps-lets-play\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 3 - Let us Play<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178092\"><a url=\"\/solo-guitar\/first-steps-note-this-as-well\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 4 - Note This Well<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178093\"><a url=\"\/misc-lessons\/first-steps-reading-and-writing\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 5 - Reading and Writing<\/span><\/a><\/li><\/ul><\/li><li class=\"tree_folder tree_folder_close\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_3_178094\"><a href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>Lessons needing work<\/span><\/a><ul><li class=\"tree_leaf\" id=\"Bookmark_Item_4_178095\"><a url=\"\/ls\/first-steps6-the-scales-of-justice\/\" href=\"java script:void(0)\"><span>First Steps 6 - The Scales of Justice<\/span><\/a><\/li><li class=\"tree_leaf\" ...

UPDATE:

It doesn't diplay the whole script above, it does display it when I copy and paste it but there must be something in the script that makes it go wonky in the forum. I hope it's enough to help though.

Thanks a lot Phil, so this only happens in the forum?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2021, 12:27 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 29 2021, 12:24 PM) *
Thanks a lot Phil, so this only happens in the forum?

It only happens when you click the bookmarks link, whatever page you are at on GMC, if you click the bookmarks you get that dialogue box.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 29 2021, 01:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
I get the error in Chrome too, confirmed.

Works in Edge for me, no problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 29 2021, 04:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi, also experienced that in MS Edge with windows 10

{"action":"load","status":false,"data":"<div class=\"login_link\">Please go back and login on the\n<a href=\"\/\">GMC homepage<\/a> to use this feature!<\/div>"}

Thanks

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 29 2021, 09:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
This thread reminds me of a dad joke:

My son asked me today: "Can I have a bookmark?"
I gave him a book, but I'm a little disappointed...11 years old and he still doesn't know my name is Brian.

(I don't have a son, I just like dad jokes).

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 29 2021, 09:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2021, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 29 2021, 09:25 PM) *
This thread reminds me of a dad joke:

My son asked me today: "Can I have a bookmark?"
I gave him a book, but I'm a little disappointed...11 years old and he still doesn't know my name is Brian.

(I don't have a son, I just like dad jokes).

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Sep 29 2021, 04:48 PM) *
Hi, also experienced that in MS Edge with windows 10

{"action":"load","status":false,"data":"<div class=\"login_link\">Please go back and login on the\n<a href=\"\/\">GMC homepage<\/a> to use this feature!<\/div>"}

Thanks

I got that once while testing this issue out too. It logs you out the second you click the bookmarks link.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Grimspound
Sep 30 2021, 08:22 AM
I have this problem using Safari on Mac OS Catalina too. Also on my iPhone 12.

Thorne

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 30 2021, 08:31 AM
GMC Founder
Hm this is very strange!

I have now tested IE, Edge & chrome on Windows 10.

I have tested all browsers I can think of on MacOS Mojave

I have tested iphone 11 pro both ios14 and ios15.

I have also tested logging in as users who have reported the problem.

I have tested on various different pages (forum, lessons, start page)

I have tested both bookmarking and just viewing bookmarks.

---

However I never get the problem.

Maybe you guys can share some more screenshots (preferably fullscreen) to give me some more testing ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 30 2021, 09:29 AM
Learning Chord Basher
I am using Firefox on Windows.
I got this problem 5 minutes ago but after clearing cookies, it works again and I am able to view my bookmarks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 30 2021, 11:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
Clearing cookies helped for me too in Chrome. I didn't have the problem in Edge, but probably didn't really have any cookies there to begin with, as I don't use it at all.

Spoke too soon, now it's back.

EDIT: Bit of investigating, but this might only be on my end:

If I clear cookies it works for all pages on GMC, no matter the page, untill...

...I allow cookies again on GMC, then it stops working if I refresh or switch pages (after cookies have been enabled).

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Sep 30 2021, 11:15 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 30 2021, 11:53 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 30 2021, 08:31 AM) *
Hm this is very strange!

I have now tested IE, Edge & chrome on Windows 10.

I have tested all browsers I can think of on MacOS Mojave

I have tested iphone 11 pro both ios14 and ios15.

I have also tested logging in as users who have reported the problem.

I have tested on various different pages (forum, lessons, start page)

I have tested both bookmarking and just viewing bookmarks.

---

However I never get the problem.

Maybe you guys can share some more screenshots (preferably fullscreen) to give me some more testing ideas?

Clearing the cookies fixed it for me.

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 30 2021, 11:54 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:14 PM