Steve Vai Financial Secrets For Musicians
Todd Simpson
Sep 29 2021, 03:23 AM
GMC:er
I thought this was very relevant to every musician. Mr Vai has a couple of very simple ideas that have allowed him to have financial freedom. He does not have to work. He chooses to work, when he feels like. If he doesn't feel like it, he doesn't do it. he has that freedom. Sure, bitcoin millionaires can have the same freedom, but musicians ? A rare thing indeed.

Here is the article where he talks about it.
https://www.guitarplayer.com/players/steve-...ancial-security

1.)SHED YOUR ANXIETY

This is very Zen. A quote from the movie / book DUNE comes to mind, "Fear is the little Death..I will face my fear.. I will allow it to wash over me..when the fear is gone, only I will remain"

These are somewhat Buddhist, (among other faiths as well) ideas of letting go of simply being afraid. That fear, like happiness, is not a condition of being, but simply a choice that we make, or not.

Steve suggests you gotta just let go of being afraid about money. Essentially being afraid about the future. I'm reminded of another quote from one of my fave movies THE 13th WARRIOR. "Fear profits a man NOTHING".

All of these are reflected in many sacred texts as well. Simply reflected in popular media. Steve has a point. We may as well accept our fate as it stands without fear. What "is", "is". We can fight to make change for the future. There is no point in being anxious about today.

2.)LIVE UNDER YOUR MEANS

This is a big one. Steve talks about making $200 a week, and finding a way to live on $180. He suggests putting a little bit away no matter what. Saving it, and investing it, so that at some point, in the future, your money will be enough to generate it's own money and you can then live off of that. That is what rich folks call "Wealth". He's a wise man and a great player.

Attached Image

*Check out this Vai based lesson!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Vai-able-Hammer-ons/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 29 2021, 03:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 29 2021, 05:34 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love zen conceptualisation recommend everyone tries to read some, even if only the simple books. Bhuddism is a non - religious faith, there is a Buddhist temple in Birmingham and it has members of many religions that attend its meetings.

Number two is spot on though not always possible if one is living in hard times with little to no income just scraping by.

My advice to anyone how tells me they "can't save because they've never got anything left" and then go on to say, "if I've got £20 left the day before pay day, I'll go to the pub/buy a pizza........." is, pay your mortgage /rent first and foremost, you need a roof over your head, then pay your bills, then put some away in a savings account, maybe half of what you have left, then enjoy the rest and if it runs out in two days then so be it. Over time you'll make adjustments to balance things out but ALWAYS save something FIRST, don't wait until the end of the week because you'll always find something unnecessary to spend it on.

In the words of Jackie French Koller: "There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.”

Peace to you all

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2021 - 09:41 AM