Follow Up On Youtube Shorts
Todd Simpson
Nov 13 2021, 09:57 PM
GMC:er
I'm still seeing greatly increased traction on youtube using the SHORTS feature, uploading from a mobile device using "Shorts" seems to yield quite a bit more traction on each vid than simply uploading it to my channel page. Less than 48 hours ago I uploaded a very short (under a minute) picking demonstration and it's already racked up 500 plus views. Took me under a minute to produce, has no associated files or anything, just a quick picking demo, and bam. Hundreds of views. Normally, when I upload a new vid to my channel, its tough to get traction as I'm sure anyone else using youtube knows. For some folks, traction is just impossible. Shorts seems to be a way around it.

Anyone else having good results using youtube shorts? I have seen BEN and KEN and PHIL putting up youtube content so I was curious if shorts was having benefits for others as well?

Here is the vid in question. Could not be more simple and shot on rear facing (lower resolution) camera on an iphone 8. so low end gear was used and only camera audio. Also, my PICKING HAND is not even visible! Basically, I wanted to make a poor quality video to see if it would work, and somehow it did?

here is a grab of the analytics so far. Anyone else use youtube analytics? Am I the only one?

Attached Image

Today I made a follow up vid where I actually shot vertically instead of just uploading something shot horizontal and making it stuffed in to vertical view which sorta doesn't work great. So my pick hand is visible in this one. I wanted to see if it did any better than the poorly shot one?

Also, check out the SPIKE up in views at the end of this chart. wow. All i did was upload a couple of shorts shot on my cell phone and re upload some pre-existing content as shorts.

Attached Image

of course my top short is an old pet video that I'd never put up before as I thought it was just silly.
Attached Image

Of course the bulk of all new traffic is coming from my shorts feed.
Attached Image

without shorts, my traffic would be CUT IN HALF. Yup. This appears to be the secret sauce. The hidden holy grail of youtube traction. I hope you guys can benefit from this discovery smile.gif

*Check out this alternate picking riff lesson!
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...-Picking-Riffs/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 14 2021, 03:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Nov 14 2021, 10:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I haven't looked into shorts yet. Sometimes I get the overflow of ideas for videos and end up not really getting any of them done - even if they are very short videos. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 16 2021, 07:55 AM
GMC:er
No to be left out, FACEBOOK of course has their own "REELS" smile.gif

https://about.fb.com/news/2021/09/launching...on-facebook-us/

Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2021 - 02:39 PM