How Would You Start Getting This Tone?
Phil66
Nov 15 2021, 09:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

I have TH-U, but I guess any guidance would be good smile.gif

I love the tone in the TV advert, it sounds much better on the TV than on YT though.

Where would you start trying to get something like this? Sometimes I just wanna be wreckless laugh.gif

Cheers

https://youtu.be/-oeZ0nFsExs

Check out this power chord lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Power-Chord-Control/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 15 2021, 09:05 PM

--------------------
My Serenity Dimension project is available on Spotify, Facebook and Bandcamp. Please check it out and share if you like it.
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 16 2021, 03:04 AM
GMC:er
No idea how to get it in TH-U but a Gretsch 6128T and Vox AC-30 top boost turned way up.
As in all software, look for something that resembles those in the verbiage.

*Stereo with a short slap-back delay with 1 repeat at no more than 50%.
Small to medium 'room' reverb with a touch of pre-delay (25 to 30 ms) and roll off the low end.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Nov 16 2021, 03:49 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 16 2021, 03:22 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 16 2021, 02:04 AM) *
No idea how to get in TH-U but a Gretsch 6128T and Vox AC-30 top boost turned way up.
As in all software, look for something that resembles those in the verbiage.

*Stereo with a short slap-back delay with 1 repeats at no more than 50%.
Small to medium 'room' reverb with a touch of pre-delay (25 to 30 ms) and roll off the low end.

Thanks Ken,

Well I can't do the Gretsch unless I drop £2k on one, the rest I can probably find in TH+U but I'm not sure how authentic the AC30 is in TH-U, I think it's one of the trickier amps to get right in software.

That sound on the advert just sounds so big, I'm sure there's more than one guitar track but I may be wrong, it could all be delay (as you said).

Cheers, I'll see how I get on with a Les Paul.

--------------------
My Serenity Dimension project is available on Spotify, Facebook and Bandcamp. Please check it out and share if you like it.
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Nov 16 2021, 03:40 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 16 2021, 04:22 AM) *
Thanks Ken,

Well I can't do the Gretsch unless I drop £2k on one, the rest I can probably find in TH+U but I'm not sure how authentic the AC30 is in TH-U, I think it's one of the trickier amps to get right in software.

That sound on the advert just sounds so big, I'm sure there's more than one guitar track but I may be wrong, it could all be delay (as you said).

I got curious if TH-U has a feature of a "simulate specific guitar". Not saying it's the real deal, but if I recall correctly BIAS has that. I.e. it's possibly to emulate a strat on an Ibanez with humbuckers. Haven't used it much though, and I don't use BIAS much anymore. Here's a video on it actually, but I haven't watched it and I never used the function much, so I don't know how good it is:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 16 2021, 08:00 AM
GMC:er
Well said ken!! Yeah, start with the AC30 style head and matched cab in THU. add in some of the vintage effects, spring reverb etc. should get pretty close smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 15 2021, 10:22 PM) *
Thanks Ken,

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 18 2021, 03:36 PM
Learning Roadie
You'll likely lack the sparkle of the filtertron pickups in the Gretch

--------------------
My SoundCloud

PosterBoy's Bootcamp with Todd

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335
Ax8

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2021 - 03:39 PM