Best Free Autotune Plugins
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2021, 06:56 PM
GMC:er
Autotune is often reviled by folks who say it's ruined music. Certainly, it has allowed folks to skip some practice and record vocals which can then be fixed in post. I recently had need of some auto tune from a project I'm currently working on where the vocals needed a bit of a tweak. I went looking for free auto tune plugins and there are several! However, some of them are quite old at this point and simply won't work on some modern operating systems. For example if you have a macintosh OS variant that won't run old software, you may not be able to use these plugins. I installed all of them and very few actually worked in LOGIC X on my mac running CATALINA. This is less of a problem for folks running windows typically.

Here is a link to a smattering of free auto tune plugins for when you might need to give a vocal track a bit of extra love.

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2011/07/25...-vstau-plugins/
Attached Image

*check out this lesson on micro timing.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Micro-Timing/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 18 2021, 06:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 18 2021, 07:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for the share, I need this for my bends laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Serenity Dimension project is available on Spotify, Facebook and Bandcamp. Please check it out and share if you like it.
Thanks.

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 18 2021, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
Thats actually a clever use case smile.gif I hadn't thought about it.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 18 2021, 02:37 PM) *
Thanks for the share, I need this for my bends laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Nov 19 2021, 05:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
While not free, just a shout out to Antares Auto-tune, as they run a subscription based format now, at about 25 USD/month, or 15 USD/month if choosing the year long option.

https://www.antarestech.com/product/auto-tune-unlimited/

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Nov 19 2021, 05:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2021 - 03:04 PM