I Hadn't Even Realized... (rip Barry Harris)
Caelumamittendum
Dec 22 2021, 06:08 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'd been looking more and more into Barry Harris' stuff since this summer, and I hadn't even realized he had passed away 14 days ago. He was 91 of course and lived a long life giving a lot to people.

Here's a good channel with some stuff on guitar from Barry Harris' teaching. I think currently there are 108 videos from this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThingsIveLearnedF...ryHarris/videos

This is another good one on piano:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Dec 22 2021, 06:27 PM

--------------------

Visit My Website - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2021, 05:57 AM
GMC:er
We had a lot of losses this year. I Hope next year is a bit less to be honest.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Dec 23 2021, 06:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, as I've said before, a lot of these musicians that have been around forever have reached an age where they will no longer be around. Whether that is Paul McCartney or some jazz musicians from the 60's, rock musicians, you name it, people that were groundbreaking at the time... their time is coming to and end smile.gif I wonder who people will think back to in 50 years. "That Ben guy was inventive in 2021"? laugh.gif Unlikely, I'm really basing most of my stuff on things that have already been done. Same with a lot of other musicians. I wonder if someone what something new will be and how it will sound. I.e. like when bebop started showing up, jazz fusion, progressive rock and so on. Will people think back to Meshuggah one day and say "Here in 2055 we think back to Meshuggah, who founded the djent genre"?

I shared this before, but this is a very high quality video:

--------------------

Visit My Website - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 24 2021, 06:09 AM
GMC:er
I think it's guys like him who will be remembered. Often, artists are not appreciated in their own time. It can take decades for their effort to be appreciated. Some are appreciated form earlier on, like the Beatles. Others take more time. All we can really do is make our best music and hope that it has something in it that future generations will find worthwhile smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 23 2021, 01:54 AM) *
Yeah, as I've said before, a lot of these musicians that have been around forever have reached an age where they will no longer be around. Whether that is Paul McCartney or some jazz musicians from the 60's, rock musicians, you name it, people that were groundbreaking at the time... their time is coming to and end smile.gif I wonder who people will think back to in 50 years. "That Ben guy was inventive in 2021"? laugh.gif Unlikely, I'm really basing most of my stuff on things that have already been done. Same with a lot of other musicians. I wonder if someone what something new will be and how it will sound. I.e. like when bebop started showing up, jazz fusion, progressive rock and so on. Will people think back to Meshuggah one day and say "Here in 2055 we think back to Meshuggah, who founded the djent genre"?

I shared this before, but this is a very high quality video:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2022 - 02:44 AM