Scan Your Ears With Your Phone To Improve Your Mix?
Todd Simpson
Jan 14 2022, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
Yup! The future is here folks. We have talked about various apps that allow you to mix using your headphones while the app/plugin simulates a given room and or set of nice monitors. This is a software trick that can be a big help for folks who are working on a laptop and using ear buds or other headphones. However, it does have it's limitations. One is still mixing on headphones at the end of the day after all.

Enter MODERN TECHNOLOGY (big voice). A company called EMBODY has a plugin called the IMMERSE VIRTUAL STUDIO PLUGIN that is somewhat unique in a very specific way. The plugin lets you use a phone app to scan/take a picture of your actual ear. This is then uploaded to the company servers and then your ear shape is taken in to account when the you start using the plugin with your headphones. This really struck me as SNAKE OIL in a big way. However, who knows, maybe it's the future smile.gif

I'm going to give this a try and see if there is anything to it. I invite you guys to give it a go as well. Here is a link to download the plugin.
https://embody.co/pages/proaudio
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2022 - 02:47 AM