Owen
post Oct 27 2007, 05:23 AM
Post #62

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.113

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 27 2007, 05:15 AM) *
Hopefully no scaleular dreams tonight blink.gif laugh.gif

I tend to forget most of the dreams I have but no doubt I've been dreaming of the pentatonic minor at somepoint! laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Oct 27 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #63

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

Sadly I remember all my dreams, last night i dreamt little so i had a much better nights sleep !! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
guitarmasterwann...
post Dec 10 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 3.242

I usually play 2-3 hours a day..but i see very little improvement..maybe i have a problem hehe..but i do improve so at least its better than nothing

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
post Dec 10 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 3.415

I usually do 3 hours of structured practice, then several hours of messing about, recording, writing etc
If I have a gig or practices then it obviously amounts to more.

I used to do 8 hours plus of structured practice, but then I got problems with my wrist, even though I was warming up etc. Also my girlfriend didn't like that too much, and it was affecting college/university work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Batista
post Dec 10 2007, 11:57 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 2.301

I don't have any special "hour-per-day" routine, since I have homework (which I usually skip to play though) and stuff to do so, but I tend to do at last 3 hours structured practice every day, and then a few hours of playing whatever songs or stuff I like or try to make some own riffs.

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Khaos Keith
post Dec 17 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 3.522

i unfortunitely have this sleeping disorder im supposed to take pills for, but fortunitely i dont take them and im up till 10 am every night such as i am right now haha..... this give me alot of free time which i can occasionally lose when i dive into my guitar practicing for 6 hour sessions haha. but thanks to thissite i finally know how to practice effeciently haha, before i was basically just wasting six hours to get 1 hours worth of good practice haha. but now gmc got be learning alot of really good lessons all night. I LOVE THIS SITE!

--------------------
Random Person : "got a myspace page?"

Me : "hahaha who doesn't? the url is

http://www.myspace.com/maidenmayhem

hahah"

+Quote Post
jacmoe
post Dec 17 2007, 09:28 PM
Post #68

Member No.: 3.432

1 - 2 hours a day.
I have a job and a family and a house with a garden, plus I tend some graphics programming projects too..

Some days I haven't the time to pick up my guitar .. sad.gif

You students are very, very fortunate! biggrin.gif

Enjoy it while it lasts.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Dec 17 2007, 09:29 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
post Jan 5 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 3.511

i do not know why some say you have to play 12 hours a day to play like "Steve vai" or Jimi Hendrix"
I believe that you won´t be able to have the same focus and perhaps the same motivation after a few hours of playing guitar. Most of the 12 hours are inefficient, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
post Jan 5 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #70

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 1.005

Anywhere between 1-3 hours. Depends on homework, weekday or weekend, holidays and whatnot.

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Jan 5 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #71

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Martin la guitarra @ Jan 5 2008, 08:33 PM) *
i do not know why some say you have to play 12 hours a day to play like "Steve vai" or Jimi Hendrix"
I believe that you won´t be able to have the same focus and perhaps the same motivation after a few hours of playing guitar. Most of the 12 hours are inefficient, in my opinion.

This is also my personal belife!! After all we are not robots. I have found 2-3 hours of focused practice works best for me. Of course everyone is different though smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
post Jan 5 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #72

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 1.005

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 5 2008, 08:35 PM) *
This is also my personal belife!! After all we are not robots. I have found 2-3 hours of focused practice works best for me. Of course everyone is different though smile.gif

I agree! smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Jan 5 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #73

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jan 5 2008, 08:38 PM) *
I agree! smile.gif

I am pleased as this means I am not talking complete rubbish ! laugh.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nobody
post Jan 5 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 3.261

Well I currently don't have an average. There's a minimum of 4 hours per day and if i haven't played that time I feel awful. So that's the absolute minimum.
Currently I don't work and only go to the university when I have to, so my life is my guitar. And it is a sweet life!! biggrin.gif

Hristian

P.S. Soon I will buy the long awaited new guitar and this will be the begining of the 12 hour practice. I don't have an amp, and play a guitar for 150$ which sounds and feels awful but this will soon change! biggrin.gif

Come to think I played this same electric guitar acousticly for one year because I didn't have an audio system(it's the worst thing.. your mom talks with your dad in the other room and you can't hear what your're playing biggrin.gif), and I still played 1-2 hours a day. So the new guitar has to be the thing that will make me play really seriously! :]

Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2017 - 09:45 AM