Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metronome Trouble...
fatstrat
post Sep 4 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.522

Hey Kris, I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your lesson on metronome practice, but I'm afraid I've become a little discouraged with using the metronome. It seems like its just repetition over and over again and the scales that I'm practicing are getting to be pretty boring. Any help?

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Sep 5 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #2

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2

Hello Fatstrat,

This is a very motivated question - what you are feeling is something that often discourages people and can even make you want to put the guitar down.

Basically the key to any practice schedule is balance - if you are new to the guitar, only practicing scales can get really discouraging.

However, if you have been playing for a while without serious practicing, some "boring" scale/technique practcing can be what brings you to the next level.

My recomendation to you now - would be to leave the metronome practcing for a little while and just try to learn something new (riff, solo, song) that doesn't feel to challenging to you. Once you have done that you will return with a little more confidence and be able to tackle the metronome again.

Keep it fun! smile.gif
Kris

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2017 - 06:06 AM