Cheat On A Minor Pentatonic Scale
besip
Sep 18 2007, 05:27 AM
GMC:er
hey cris u talking in the beginer kick about no cheating with changing directions with ultimete picking

and im not get it

here is the tab

Guitar scales

Am pentatonic scale
e|---------------------5-8-5----------------------|
b|-----------------5-8-------8-5------------------|
g|-------------5-7---------------7-5--------------|
d|---------5-7-----------------------7-5----------|
a|-----5-7-------------------------------7-5------|
e|-5-8---------------------------------------8-5--|

on the video looks like u struming the Hi -E string on 8 fret 2 times??? but the tabu show me just 1

im just wana be sure with 1 thing when im go from low E to hi E so the last strum is on 8 fret up stroke

so what is happen after that im jumpig right to way back to 5 fret with down stroke??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 18 2007, 09:29 AM
soryy probally stupid question mellow.gif im just not got this on this video

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 19 2007, 09:45 AM
ok im probbaly find it by my self biggrin.gif ..the right play is im hope in here
donwstroke upstroke downstroke cool.gif

so im made it wink.gif

but im lost again becouse u showing the A-minor so nice slow but on C major / Ionian scale
that's to fast for me biggrin.gif im not recognize what kind of finger go on each note dry.gif

maybe if im be can play the video on slow motion or if im be have on every note like number whats be represent each finger im be made it rolleyes.gif

but im gonna make it by my self or im can ask somebody in masterclass forum

sorry if my question boring u smile.gif

u can delete this post and im find my way cool.gif

take easi smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
AgentOrange
Sep 19 2007, 10:55 AM
I had to watch the video several times before I figured out what he meant

He is saying to descend like this:

b|-----------------5-8-------8-5------------------|
g|-------------5-7---------------7-5--------------|
d|---------5-7-----------------------7-5----------|
a|-----5-7-------------------------------7-5------|
e|-5-8---------------------------------------8-5--|

NOT this like this:

b|-----------------5-8-------5-8------------------|
g|-------------5-7---------------5-7--------------|
d|---------5-7-----------------------5-7----------|
a|-----5-7-------------------------------5-7------|
e|-5-8---------------------------------------5-8--|

Study the two tabs and you will quickly figure out what he's talking about.

EDIT: Basically, he's saying to make sure you descend in the proper order, but his wording about 'cheating' kind of makes it confusing.

This post has been edited by AgentOrange: Sep 19 2007, 10:57 AM

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 19 2007, 01:43 PM
[quote name='AgentOrange

ok man if thats like that so im all ready understand that and im play good the scale..im thing that is important to put the fingers in right place..im was try to find the answer on GMC chat today but this guys tell me thats no mather what kind of finger u use..but im dont belive them becouse thats exercising like set kris have also to memorize what kind of finger have to go or every each note

im try to learn this like ..im have to!

but anyway im lost again for me like totaly beginer is to speedy when kris show the other C-major scale

if thats not importatnt where the fingers have to go ..so im wrong and make spam here nad im sorry for that

but anyway thanks u for responding me cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Sep 19 2007, 01:48 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 19 2007, 08:57 PM
GMC Founder
smile.gif You got the answer before I even got here - great! Thanks AgentOrange smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 19 2007, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 19 2007, 03:57 PM) *
smile.gif You got the answer before I even got here - great! Thanks AgentOrange smile.gif

rolleyes.gif u finaly show up
i'm still dont get if in C-major if this importat to use the right finget what u show on that video mellow.gif but if yes and have find what finger is go on every each note

im know u showing that slowly but for me thats is speed anyway biggrin.gif

ok thanks again to AgentOrange cool.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Sep 19 2007, 09:23 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 19 2007, 11:28 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
If it helps Besip I usually work on the idea for left hand fingering of 1 finger 1 fret (ignoring stretches) for this sort of pattern. So in this example 5th fret = Index, 6th= middle, 7= ring, 8th=pinky.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 20 2007, 05:34 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 19 2007, 06:28 PM) *
If it helps Besip I usually work on the idea for left hand fingering of 1 finger 1 fret (ignoring stretches) for this sort of pattern. So in this example 5th fret = Index, 6th= middle, 7= ring, 8th=pinky.

Cheers,
Tony

im think u made me understat that smile.gif so im so glad cool.gif

i'v been lost becouse kris start on fret 8 with midle finger...but if im understat finaly rolleyes.gif that..he start with midle finger becouse in 7 fret is unplay 1 more note and the note shoot be play with index

if im right thats so easi and im realy thanks smile.gif

so if im right with that..im have finaly question..kris start play on Root note C thats way he start with midlle
so it;s there some rules when im play SCALE..do im have usualy start play on root note?..or that video is just explanation and im can start also o 7 fret and continue?

1 more time thank for make me understant if im right..im never learning english at scholl so im will be lost with teory and every help from u is good cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 20 2007, 07:45 AM
Afraid I've not watched Kris' lesson besip but I'll take your word for it.

Fingering is, at times, down to personal preferences and some people don't use their pinky at all - only index, ring and third. Not sure if this is what Kris is doing here without seeing the video (sorry Kris if your using 4 fingers). But as a personal preference for me as the pattern doesn't move from 5th position I'd finger it as I suggested. But many players won't use their pinky and they have to then play a four note static pattern using 3 fingers wink.gif . On the board you'll find a lot of people (including me) who advocate/promote the whole idea of using you pinky as much as your other three fingers for fretting notes. Personal opinion - if you don't learn to use it you lose 25% of your fretting hand.

If the pattern wasn't static (meaning if you had to make a position change) then you might choose to play part of the pattern with a different fingering just in order to get your left hand ready for the next line/lick. Part of the thing with fingering/fretting is looking/thinking ahead as to where your hand should be for the lay off.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 20 2007, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 20 2007, 02:45 AM) *
Afraid I've not watched Kris' lesson besip but I'll take your word for it.

no problem if u check this u will find what im talk about

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/beginner-...nner-scales.htm

there is also C-major/ionian scale diagram

im probbalyy understad that why kdis start with midle finger and no with the index thats becouse he start on root note C on 8 fret but the scale has already 1 note on 7 fret so thats the system -1-2-3-4 what u talking about before and that is most easy way

like im set im thing im allready understad that..im hope kris rolleyes.gif

im just not sure why kris start on 8 fret and no on 7 fret???? it's there some rules to start on root note???

This post has been edited by besip: Sep 20 2007, 01:16 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 23 2007, 12:44 AM
mellow.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 23 2007, 02:15 AM
Hi besip,
you might want to look at Andrew's theory classes as to why a scale starts on the root and his classes on modes as to what happens if you start on a different degree.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 23 2007, 02:45 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 22 2007, 09:15 PM) *
Hi besip,
you might want to look at Andrew's theory classes as to why a scale starts on the root and his classes on modes as to what happens if you start on a different degree.

Cheers,
Tony

im can try but im afraid thats be to hard for me wih my english

im not sure if thats right but my friend tell me there is not a rule t start on root note{in case E-major/inoian scale} and kris start just there becouse no reson..and there is aslo 1 note o E string 7 fret unplay becouse they finaly want to show to whole box

?

im can try andrew but im not sure i be understand the theory as well smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 23 2007, 11:10 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (besip @ Sep 22 2007, 09:45 PM) *
im can try but im afraid thats be to hard for me wih my english

im not sure if thats right but my friend tell me there is not a rule t start on root note{in case E-major/inoian scale} and kris start just there becouse no reson..and there is aslo 1 note o E string 7 fret unplay becouse they finaly want to show to whole box

?

im can try andrew but im not sure i be understand the theory as well smile.gif

Starting on the root note for practicing is important because it trains your ear to the sound of the scale. If you don;t do this you may end up getting confused between scales and their modes. When playing of course there is no such guideline, you can use any note form any box in the scale at any time as long as it sounds good to you.

And yes, read my introduction to scales lesson - at least give it a go, and if you have questions of course we will answer, but us writing an explanation in the forum is just the same as you reading it in a theory lesson isn't it?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
besip
Sep 24 2007, 12:38 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 23 2007, 06:10 PM) *
but us writing an explanation in the forum is just the same as you reading it in a theory lesson isn't it?

thank u werry mutch for the answer cool.gif i'm trully belive all this answer is on your
theory lesson ..but like im say before..thats realy not easy for me to find this answer with my english reading

so thats way im realy I appreciate that awnswer from u..im smarter again smile.gif

than you again thats help

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 24 2007, 05:21 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (besip @ Sep 23 2007, 07:38 PM) *
thank u werry mutch for the answer cool.gif i'm trully belive all this answer is on your
theory lesson ..but like im say before..thats realy not easy for me to find this answer with my english reading

so thats way im realy I appreciate that awnswer from u..im smarter again smile.gif

than you again thats help

No problem - let us know if you have any more questions smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:39 AM