2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It Is Normal To Hear Radio Stations Comeing From A Tube Amp?
mattacuk
post Sep 19 2007, 09:51 PM
Post #21

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

Thanks MickeM ! smile.gif

I have asked for a Fender Blues Junior as a replacment, I wasnt at all impressed with the VOX AC15cc.

I think the Fender will be a very good amp! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Sep 19 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #22

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Member No.: 2.194

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Sep 18 2007, 07:55 PM) *
random note : wouldn't it be cool to have an amp where between the cab and the head there was a fish tank ohmy.gif so fish cud like swim in your amp sorta hahah smile.gif

There used to a bar in Glasgow where they had a Ford Ka and had sealed up the doors and windows and stuff - everything except the sun roof. They used it as an aquarium and it got them lots of attention.

Matt,
positive bit is that they've taken it back. Better luck with the Fender - which is a great amp btw.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Sep 19 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #23

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Thanks tony, im looking foward to trying it out, i hear good things about the Fender Hot Rod series - i know ben likes them.

The Ka fish tank sounds good blink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Sep 19 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #24

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 19 2007, 10:51 PM) *
Thanks MickeM ! smile.gif

I have asked for a Fender Blues Junior as a replacment, I wasnt at all impressed with the VOX AC15cc.

I think the Fender will be a very good amp! smile.gif

The AC30CC is a great amp IMHO but maybe the AC15CC doesn't reach all the way then.
Good thing is you get to test the Fender now for comparance. Same set of tubes, another kind of soul smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Sep 19 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #25

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

the AC15CC was ok,but it didnt have a tubey vibe to it, it sounded a bit solid state to my ears. Also the overall sound quality wasnt what i would have hoped for a £360 amp.
Ive been listening to the Fender on youtube and it sounds alot more tube like! smile.gif I think with my new Keeley DS-1 Ultra the Fender could produce some hot tones!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Sep 19 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #26

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 19 2007, 06:26 PM) *
the AC15CC was ok,but it didnt have a tubey vibe to it, it sounded a bit solid state to my ears. Also the overall sound quality wasnt what i would have hoped for a £360 amp.
Ive been listening to the Fender on youtube and it sounds alot more tube like! smile.gif I think with my new Keeley DS-1 Ultra the Fender could produce some hot tones!! smile.gif

Good luck, hope this one works uot better smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
MickeM
post Sep 20 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #27

Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader

Member No.: 1.062

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 20 2007, 12:26 AM) *

I think Vox moved their entire production to China. That might have got something to do with it, I don't know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Sep 20 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #28

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 19 2007, 11:56 PM) *
Good luck, hope this one works uot better smile.gif

Thanks andrew, and MickeM, I think your right on that - the Vox doesent feel well made. I think at least Fender make there amps in the US?

Its a shame when things like this happen, all i want to do is play!! smile.gif On the bright side,ive just ordered an Orange Micro crush mini amp, its only cheap and should be ok while i wait for the new amp to be delivered!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skyla°Lit
post Jul 24 2008, 09:18 PM
Post #29

GMC:er

Member No.: 2.866

Ah... I so hoped to find a cure for this annoying phenomenon! huh.gif

Besides, it's not only radio stations or tv-channels I get to hear every once in a while but cop talks too! blink.gif
I happen to live at the very epicentre of the city with too much security around the corner...

Just today we were told not to look out the windows much tomorrow during the day because someone important was coming to meet the President and well they don't want any curious faces staring bla bla bla dry.gif

Crazy crazy crazy...

I guess I can forget about using my amp tomorrow too sad.gif

--------------------
“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”

+Quote Post
mmasters
post Jul 24 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 4.204

Cheap cables are usually the problem

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Jul 25 2008, 03:11 PM
Post #31

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 3.410

QUOTE (Skyla°Lit @ Jul 24 2008, 10:18 PM) *
Just today we were told not to look out the windows much tomorrow during the day because someone important was coming to meet the President and well they don't want any curious faces staring bla bla bla dry.gif

Crazy crazy crazy...

I guess I can forget about using my amp tomorrow too sad.gif

Hahaha this is crazy smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
post Jul 26 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 3.401

We got German radio in our practice once on this ancient amp. I think it was the football scores smile.gif It was freaky biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
post Jul 26 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #33

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 2.484

it's not normal but sometimes it happens tongue.gif

specially if you use lot of distortion cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bmh1109
post Jul 28 2008, 05:14 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 1.747

I was getting some pretty strong radio signals through my rack, and it happened before on my Marshall too. I got the monster power condition and now its whisper quiet. If the problem with the radio stations pops back up maybe a power conditioner could be your solution.

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Jacob Sinclair
post Jul 31 2008, 04:05 AM
Post #35

Member No.: 5.511

i had that problem too, i found out that it was coming from my pedal board. my father had made some patch chords and for some reasons they were picking up redio stations. I replaced the chords and havent had any problems since

+Quote Post
Gus
post Jul 31 2008, 04:25 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 3.920

Well, It´s quite common to hear stations on an active bass...

I heard of cases where that happened during a big show tongue.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 11:54 PM