2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any Of You Guys Take Private Guitar Lessons?
post Jul 26 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #21

Ultimate Tone Guru
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 2.410

I have never had a private guitar teacher

My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jul 27 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.086

my guitarteacher is really REALLY awesome. I've never seen another guitarist like him, except Muris, Steve Vai, etc.

I mean, he sweeps with stunning control. He can make it sound legato, he can make it sound like it's alternated, and speed? yeh, that's no problem.

He's a jazz musician so he knows his theory completely, he improvises very good but not in my style (unfortunately) but I mean... he's completely unlocked any technical obstacles.

And guess what, he's a funny guy as well biggrin.gif I'm just sad that I started taking lessons from him this winter and will end next summer. I think it's bullshit here in Sweden, you can go to the local music school untill you graduate from highschool, then you have to pay your teacher privately and you cannot attend there anymore. I mean he has a full schedule already, I'm afraid I won't be able to get a hold on him next year.

I mean, if you can play Paul Gilberts new song the Gargoyle from paper fluently at 20 bpms less than original tempo the first time you try it, you've got skills...

So basically, I use GMC as my lick library, here I ask questions when I can't get to my teacher. I ask for opinions, thoughts and get critisised.

I get new Ideas and I get influenced by great guitarists but most importantly, I'm able to hang with all of the awesome individuals in here.

Olle "AJ" Svensson
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2016 - 05:18 PM