Playing The Piano
The_Highlander
Sep 26 2007, 02:45 AM
GMC:er
Hi everyone! I wonder if anyone can give me some tips on how to learn the basics of piano playing? I have a piano in my room and I think it would be fun to make use of it once in a while and I also think my guitar playing will improve if I know some basic piano skills. I have a problem though. I find it a little hard to get motivation when I sit by the piano because I dont know what o start with? It´s a little boring to just sit there and try to memorise the shape of all the chords and scales etc. So how should I approach this?

P.S I find it hard to play with both hands. How do I learn to syncronise them? dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Sep 30 2007, 01:25 AM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (The_Highlander @ Sep 26 2007, 07:45 AM) *
Hi everyone! I wonder if anyone can give me some tips on how to learn the basics of piano playing? I have a piano in my room and I think it would be fun to make use of it once in a while and I also think my guitar playing will improve if I know some basic piano skills. I have a problem though. I find it a little hard to get motivation when I sit by the piano because I dont know what o start with? It´s a little boring to just sit there and try to memorise the shape of all the chords and scales etc. So how should I approach this?

P.S I find it hard to play with both hands. How do I learn to syncronise them? dry.gif

Very simple Don't memorise the scales and chords but do some exercises and then practise a little song extream slow,Find the chords in theat song,Keep the Learning process of the chords and scales by this way.
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Oct 1 2007, 05:21 AM
GMC:er
i would so help u but i just cant think of anything!! i been playin for ages now and i cannt remember what i did when i started, i think i just got a book of childrens songs like twinkle twinkle lil star and started there, but tht might be like soo boring for u, so u should look up for pop songs u might like eg REM-mad world or GnR-november rain. these piano music are often not that hard to play, becuase they are usually just singers accompanin themselves etc. anyway here is a good website for piano music
http://www.my-piano.blogspot.com/
learn it hands apart first, with metronum, then slowly(i mean it) put the hands together. a friend of mine told me quite recently this "we can play every song note perfect, it is just about playing it at the right speed." its so true, because i can like play some song like i duno, malmsteen's Boroque and Roll at like 1% speed lol

anyway here goessss

and hey kris if u do read this can i have a lovely little piano tutition chunk on ur website?

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Oct 1 2007, 12:13 PM
Singing Instructor
When I started to play the piano I studied with a book of little songs that I like very much... It's very popular book in classical piano, but it is the more entertained for beginners. It's the " F. Beyer" Op 101...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:23 AM