2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Fakq - Frequently Asked Kris Questions
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 27 2007, 07:06 PM
GMC Founder
First - my apologises for constant delays in answering your questions on this board. I do answer all questions and try to spend time with my board as often as my other GMC duties allow me too. Thanks alot for the interest and be sure to keep asking questions! smile.gif

Here are some comon questions I get - enjoy! biggrin.gif

Who is member number 1?

Is there a place where I can see all the lick of the day? Answer: Yes here.

When will you produce more lessons for GMC?

What does L in the tab mean?

Can I find Kris' UG lessons at GMC? Yes here.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 27 2007, 07:25 PM
Instructor
The second link doesn't work...actually, there is no link biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 27 2007, 07:38 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks Pavel - fixed!

--------------------

+Quote Post
dreamtheaterfrea...
Dec 3 2007, 06:36 AM
GMC:er
why is it thatwe are paying for GMC just for backing track full tabs forums and a few more videos if i can just not pay and see the tabs under the videos and the videos

i am just wondering nothing against you and your website are any ofthe instructors

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 3 2007, 08:08 AM
Terribly sorry for answering this Kris, but I can't help it! God I hope this isn't wrong...

Dreamtheatherfreak, while you do get the tabs, you don't get to be part of the great community that is GMC! If you didn't pay, you wouldn't be able to ask "What am I doing wrong?" Or better yet, "What could I do to improve my playing?"

You couldn't examine other guitarist styles, and mold those together to create your own (well not as easily).

There are so many things that tabs don't teach you, and that is one of the reasons why GMC exists!

This post has been edited by Ayen: Dec 3 2007, 08:09 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 3 2007, 11:14 AM
Instructor
You can't learn anything by tabs. You can try playing them but also play it 100% wrong, with loads of mistakes, and ruin your technique forever. Instructors eliminate 95% of possible mistakes you can do. The rest - there is forum where you can ask the small details.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 3 2007, 12:19 PM
GMC Founder
Great Answers Pavel and Ayen - I agree with you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dreamtheaterfrea...
Dec 3 2007, 06:44 PM
i hear what you guys are saying i agree

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 3 2007, 08:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Kris Who never Heard of Him LOL

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
dreamtheaterfrea...
Dec 3 2007, 08:45 PM
i was just trying to say tht if people wanna see most the site they should pay for it

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 3 2007, 10:00 PM
Learning Roadie
No mate iam joking with kris not u

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
SlayerMartin
Dec 30 2007, 01:30 AM
Also, i guess most people pay, also because they want to suport the great instructors as Kris by paying a small ammount of money and then getting acces to this site to its fullest smile.gif

Edit: Woops, i think i revived an old thread now. Owell.. ^^

This post has been edited by SlayerMartin: Dec 30 2007, 01:31 AM

--------------------
Im not crazy, i just belive i can fly :<

+Quote Post
Pu11ingteeth
Feb 6 2008, 02:24 AM
Hey Kris, I just had a small question about the tabs, so I figured I'd ask it here. What does it mean when you put an "L" on a tab...for example, from Gabriel's Alice in Chains style lesson:

E|-----------------------|-------------------------|
B|-----------------------|-------------------------|
G|-----------------------|-------------------------|
D|-----------------------|-------------------------|
A|-------4-------3----2--|--L--------5-------------|
E|--2---------2----------|-----2--2--3----0--2--3--|

oh...and another question...I know a few licks and songs by heart, that I know very well...but I can never seem to be able to play perfectly every time..even though I've been practicing them for a while...and then I see some of these videos and I wonder if you guys record over and over again to make it absolutely perfect or if there's some trick to it. If I mess up even once I get all confused, and have to start over again...

Just a few simple questions, thanks for your time.

This post has been edited by Pu11ingteeth: Feb 6 2008, 08:28 PM

+Quote Post
bobbyd999
Mar 1 2008, 07:12 PM
ok im having a hard time doing this site.
wat is the first video i should wach

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 1 2008, 07:24 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (bobbyd999 @ Mar 1 2008, 06:12 PM) *
ok im having a hard time doing this site.
wat is the first video i should wach

did you try the start here lesson planner on the main page? should give you an idea of whats going on smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 1 2008, 07:45 PM
Instructor
You should check the lesson planner on the main page, there you can choose what level of playing you are (in general) and a genre of music you are interested in. You can find a lot of lessons recommended by the planner it's a great feature. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
bryant
Apr 22 2008, 06:20 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 27 2007, 07:06 PM) *
Enjoy! biggrin.gif

Who is member number 1?

Is there a place where I can see all the lick of the day? Answer: Yes here.

When will you produce more lessons for GMC?

Kris,
I click on the link and it asked me for my user name and password, but I am already logged in to both masterclass and the forums; and I type my username and password there still and it doesn't recognize me or something. What's up??
Bryant

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 22 2008, 09:20 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (bryant @ Apr 22 2008, 05:20 AM) *
Kris,
I click on the link and it asked me for my user name and password, but I am already logged in to both masterclass and the forums; and I type my username and password there still and it doesn't recognize me or something. What's up??
Bryant

Sorry for the delay - if you try again now it should work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bryant
May 1 2008, 04:12 AM
Did you ever answer the guy that was wondering what the " L " was in the tab lines?

I'm really curious too.

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
May 13 2008, 07:56 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
QUOTE (bryant @ Apr 30 2008, 11:12 PM) *
Did you ever answer the guy that was wondering what the " L " was in the tab lines?

I'm really curious too.

I watched Gabriels lesson and it appears "L" is where he adds vibrato......not sure why it
is represented with an "L" though

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:23 AM