Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legato Lesson
post Oct 4 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.950

Hi Muris,

I’ve just embarked upon your Legato Lesson to exercise my fingers and to try and get more use of my little finger for playing lead solos. You make it look very easy in your video, especially your little finger which appears to make perfect contact with the string when you are playing the opening 8th, 10th 12th & 8th frets on the B string. My little finger doesn’t seem to want to make as good a contact and it is quite difficult for me to stretch it onto the 12th fret whilst holding down the 8th & 10th even though I have quite big hands. It looks as if it is at the wrong angle compared to my other fingers which are perpendicular to the fretboard. Is this something that gets better with practice or is my little finger deformed?? Also when you play the B string as above, do you interfere with the E string.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
post Oct 4 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 2.159

Hi Andrzej! smile.gif

First of all,I hope your pinky isn't deformed!
To get these 2 whole tones in legato you should post your thumb at the middle the neck,
maybe even lower.
Also,if your guitar has too high action, performing legato might be hard and impossible.
But if action is "normal" or lower,your thumb is at the middle of the neck,
this shouldn't be big problem,perhaps it need just a bit more practicing. smile.gif

Hope this helps and tell me if you need anything else!

Album "Let It Out" on
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2016 - 06:29 PM