Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creeps Mastered
ballistic31
post Oct 21 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.218

well I think this is the best it is going to get..........useing music creator 3 it was $35.00 so not much to realy complain about there ..........the only out board gear i used is a old digi tech gsp7 preamp........a digitech vocalist vr a behringer urorack 20 channal mixer..........mainly for the drums..........and 6 condensor drum mics.......and a few shure sm57s thrown in there........vocals i used a mxl 900 mic.... oh yeah the trusty podxt live...........throw together guitar from spare parts....and spray paint but its a real trooper..............love the fubar guitar laugh.gif

mastered it thru ozone............not sure on the mastering i just hit a few buttons and went with it laugh.gif till i learn more about what each part of the program is best suited for what.......a new learning curb yaay for me just what i allways wanted lol

I want to thank everyone who gave a listen and a well valued opinion..........that gave the mix everyones personal touch..............and last but not least tony miro for getting me thru all tech stuff.......and compressors to gates and reverb style.........to womans stockings...........my girlfriend still looks at me in a odd way on that lil stunt lol .......but i needed a pop filter laugh.gif

so here it is enjoy...............and as allways any feedback is allways welcome. Attached File  creeps_mastered.mp3 ( 8.59MB ) Number of downloads: 241

--------------------
[size=3][b]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
post Oct 22 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #2

Moderator - low level high stakes
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.194

Nice Master Ballistic.

I A/B'ed it against the creeps take that is still up and the master - to me - has more dynamics generally and also 'air' around the vocals. So between your mixing and Ozone I think it's a much improved take over the original. Great job smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Understudy
post Oct 22 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2.755

Nicely done ! It has a good sound, kind of has a stalker vibe to it... I dig it smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post
ballistic31
post Oct 22 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2.218

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Oct 21 2007, 06:27 PM) *
Nice Master Ballistic.

I A/B'ed it against the creeps take that is still up and the master - to me - has more dynamics generally and also 'air' around the vocals. So between your mixing and Ozone I think it's a much improved take over the original. Great job smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

thanks tony that means alot.....I used all the advice you gave me about the vocals and it seemed to work out great......I think i might have gone with a touch more reverb than it needed......I noticed that when i played it in the car on my way to work.....sounds good other than the reverb but i can allways just back it off a bit .....and also i noticed it is screaming loud half volume and the car speakers are begging for mercy.....I thought maybee just lowering the master volume might do the trick but that just replaced the loudness with a bit of hiss and a lower cd volume.........

might that have to do with settings in ozone.........I just used the cd master patch that comes with ozone..didnt realy mess with any of the settings ......... any idea of what the problem might be......

thanks again for getting me on my way I couldnt have done it without you ..........well maybee but it would have taken about 10 years lol ... oh do you have any recomendations as far as books on mastering

well thanks again and probly will talk to you soon im sure lol take care john

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Bondy
post Oct 23 2007, 02:10 AM
Post #5

Learning Roadie
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 2.884

Supurb really like it a lot

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
botoxfox
post Oct 23 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 1.226

I think that was quite good smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 09:57 PM