> Effect Mixes For Pedals/stomboxes
Bulletproof
post Oct 31 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.751

Hey guys,

I don't have one at the moment but I wanted to add this thread hoping it will catch on and get started. I figured it would be amazing if we can share some of the effects that we use/combine and to explain why if need be. You could even add photos of the pedals to show exactly where the settings are at to really show your ideas. cool.gif

--------------------

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zephyr
post Oct 31 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.595

I get all of my effects through my GT-8, don't have a single pedal other than it. There's one patch that I made that I use most of the time, it's a lead-ish patch...

The preamp is "Metal Lead", I don't really play metal, but it actually has a pretty nice sound. Not sure what amp it emulates... Anyways, I have the gain about 80, bass at 75, mid at 80, treble at 60, and presence also at 80. I like having a very "wet" sound, I use delay and reverb pretty much all the time. I also have a noise suppressor on to cut out humming and the like. Besides that, I tweak it all the time to get a sound for what I'm playing.

I have other patches I use for different things, a clean one, for example, and a bluesy one that I've been constantly working on since I've gotten the pedal, but haven't got it where I want it yet.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
post Dec 8 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.434

I too don't have any pedals at the moment, I get all sounds from my PodXT. I don't usually use that many effects, just the normal reverb and delay at most times smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Dec 8 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

I use Marshall drive (AVT50W) for most of my rhythm playing. FOr leads I tend to use Boss SD1 as a booster, but sometimes just solo SD1. I use delay, usually some reverb+delay preset no more than 300ms and small feedback on my DD20 to add some space to my solos, but i like the dry sound too. Just Marshall and nothing else - ACDC style smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 12:59 AM