Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Talk About Expenisve
Slammer
post Nov 6 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.688

Blackie was the name of Eric Clapton's guitar that he used all throughout the 70's and 80's.
Before the Tsunami relief guitar sold, it was the previous Record Setter

QUOTE ( Wikipedia)
In 2004, Blackie was sold for $959,500 at a Christie's auction to support the Crossroads Centre, a drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation centre founded by Clapton. The final bid was cast by the United States nationwide music equipment chain Guitar Center, causing Clapton's guitar to set the record as the world's most expensive. (In 2006, another Stratocaster, signed by a large group of celebrities, including Clapton, was auctioned to benefit the victims of the 2004 Asian Tsunami, selling for $2.6 million, shattering "Blackie"'s record.)

This post has been edited by Slammer: Nov 6 2007, 11:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
post Nov 6 2007, 11:07 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.697

It must be a real credit to the guitar maker when one of their first instruments sells for sucha high value. gives you a huge place in the world. Imagining the feeling almost makes me want to start making guitars biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Slammer
post Nov 6 2007, 11:13 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 1.688

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Nov 6 2007, 05:07 AM) *
It must be a real credit to the guitar maker when one of their first instruments sells for sucha high value. gives you a huge place in the world. Imagining the feeling almost makes me want to start making guitars biggrin.gif

A Smikey Smashocaster ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Understudy
post Nov 6 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 2.755

It is shocking to see what vintage gear has for price tags. I have been going to the bookstore on sundays , getting coffee with my wife and we just read for a few hours. My new favorite magazine is Vintage Guitar. It showcases vintage gear from guitars and amps to effects and recording gear. Most of the advertisements in the mag are for boutique type guitar shops that carry mostly vintage gear and they all have price lists. They had an article with an amp tech that used to work with many huge bands. He now is one of the foremost authorities on vintage tubes. Anyway this guy bought 2 early 50's Gibsons. When the reporter asked how much he paid, he said "my only comment is, they were more than home". I can highly recommend checking out this mag if you are interested in the vintage price market. It's a really good read and some of the pics are cool too, for me at least who will most likely never see some of the stuff in the "flesh". Anyway, check out the mag, you won't be disappointed in the vintage stuff smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post
blindwillie
post Nov 6 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 1.434

I think this is ridiculous: Fender EVH Frankenstein 220.000:-, browse down a bit.
Closeup picture

That would be close to 22000 euro. It's ugly and it's a replica! It's a raped guitar! It's abused. And it's... and it's... I can't find the words for it.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
botoxfox
post Nov 6 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1.226

QUOTE (blindwillie @ Nov 6 2007, 10:17 AM) *
I think this is ridiculous: Fender EVH Frankenstein 220.000:-, browse down a bit.
Closeup picture

That would be close to 22000 euro. It's ugly and it's a replica! It's a raped guitar! It's abused. And it's... and it's... I can't find the words for it.

Must be the biggest ripoff ever. If you want that guitar, you'd be much better off making it yourself...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
post Nov 6 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #27

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.055

For all that money you can get yourself a guitar-production-custom-shop! I don't see a point in buying such a guitar!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2017 - 02:23 PM