Help Me Out., (Good metal guitars)
XxLeviathanxX
Nov 9 2007, 09:38 AM
GMC:er
Ok. Here's the setup, I've had the same guitar for what seems like an eternity now, and it's falling apart. It's a Dean Vendetta 4.0 and I love it to death, but it's time for a change. What I need is a few suggestions on what kind of guitar to get next. I like metal, and love Lamb of God's sound. I was thinking either an ESP or a Dean. If you know of any other kinds of guitars that sound good with heavy distortion, please let me know.

thx.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
RIP Dimebag-Heroes never die.

Xbox Live- ThePsYkoNXTdoor

13 on the field... 4-20 off the field.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Nov 9 2007, 09:40 AM
going by what it says for your signature, I'm thinking you might be happy with one of these?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dea...itar?sku=511936

or a version thereof?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 9 2007, 09:42 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 9 2007, 03:40 AM) *
going by what it says for your signature, I'm thinking you might be happy with one of these?

or a version thereof?

I was going to suggest the same exact thing! I plan on getting one of these for my metal playing.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 9 2007, 09:45 AM
I
recommend.. Jacksons or Bc Rich or Schecter or Dean or ESP.. all are great.. i know Ibanez works well but its a faster guitar with a longer neck. Jacksons have a shorter neck which is good with beefier strings.. which in turn = metal

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
dogman
Nov 9 2007, 10:15 AM
There are some very nice decent priced guitars out there that will do what you want to do. But 99.9% of the metal is going to come from you, your distortion/overdrive and amp not your guitar.

I some times start practicing playing some blues or try doing some jazz chords on my 335 hollowbody on the clean channel then when I want something different kick on channel 2 on the marshall and start playing Judas Priest laugh.gif Being too damn lazy to walk back across the room to switch guitars to the les paul...

Looks kinda funny but it sounds pretty damn good though biggrin.gif

Anyway, the metal look of a Randy Rhoads V or a Jackson dinky is always cool cool.gif

+Quote Post
XxLeviathanxX
Nov 9 2007, 10:43 AM
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Nov 9 2007, 09:40 AM) *

or a version thereof?

Tru that. I know a few people with Razorbacks and they all say that they're friggin' amazing for the first year, but then they get really old and boring. I personally can't see how awesome sound and a kick ass body style (not to menton a Dimebag tribute) can get old but...

This post has been edited by XxLeviathanxX: Nov 9 2007, 10:44 AM

--------------------
RIP Dimebag-Heroes never die.

Xbox Live- ThePsYkoNXTdoor

13 on the field... 4-20 off the field.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Nov 9 2007, 01:03 PM
get anything with a decent/good humbuckers. Preferably a hot humbucker like emg 81/85. Id get a Schecter Hellraiser if I were you. Its cheaper than those overrated dime guitars. And a gorgeous finish at that.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Nov 9 2007, 01:04 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 9 2007, 09:01 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (dogman @ Nov 9 2007, 09:15 AM) *
There are some very nice decent priced guitars out there that will do what you want to do. But 99.9% of the metal is going to come from you, your distortion/overdrive and amp not your guitar.

Exactly what I was thinking but put really well smile.gif

So many decent priced good guitars out there, just gotta try a few to see what you like.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:44 AM