Jason Becker, yeah, that guy who played with marty friedman in cacophony.
The JEM
Nov 13 2007, 07:11 AM
GMC:er
Jason Becker is probably in my top 5 of favorite guitarist, and is probably the most inspirational. I couldn't imagine being in his position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k71-s3YmZ8c

...damn

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my gear :
gibson sg standard ebony finish
roland 30 cube amp
boss ds-1 ultra mod pedal
crybaby 535(i think)
very hard dunlop picks
ernie ball super light strings (the pink package)
and some short skinny fingers attached to my hand

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 13 2007, 07:24 AM
Really sad what happened to him... sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 13 2007, 08:12 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
He seem to have developed a strong spiritual mind and what the looks of it his as happy as ever.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 13 2007, 08:22 PM
Instructor
His parents are taking care of him...i can't even imagine what will happen to the guy once his parents are gone....damn such a great guitarist and has such a targedy....

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 13 2007, 08:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 13 2007, 08:22 PM) *
His parents are taking care of him...i can't even imagine what will happen to the guy once his parents are gone....damn such a great guitarist and has such a targedy....

He's got a wife ...if that hasn't changed? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 13 2007, 11:53 PM
He was considered a virtuoso guitarist at the age of 16 or 17 ohmy.gif , that is when Caophony was formed, released two albums (Speed Metal Symphony & Go Off!). Left at the age of 19 to pursue a solo career because he had a successful first solo album the year before (Perpetual Burn). At 20 he joined David Lee Roth's band after Steve Vai's departure. While recording the first album with David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough) he began developing his disease. He was given 3 years to live. The most amazing part is that he still composes music today using a computer which reads his eye movements.

He is incredible. Thats all that needed to be said. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 13 2007, 11:57 PM
Gen told me yesterday what happened to this guy, its horrible! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 12:18 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 13 2007, 05:57 PM) *
Gen told me yesterday what happened to this guy, its horrible! sad.gif

Yeah ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. He was told he would only live for 3 more years after being diagnosed, but over 15 years have passed and he is still alive and composing music when he is completely paralized. The only thing he can move is his eyes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7h7jeZdlF_w

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 14 2007, 02:17 AM
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 14 2007, 12:18 AM) *
Yeah ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. He was told he would only live for 3 more years after being diagnosed, but over 15 years have passed and he is still alive and composing music when he is completely paralized. The only thing he can move is his eyes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7h7jeZdlF_w

Yeah I read a little about that, its amazing.

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 14 2007, 03:05 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 13 2007, 08:17 PM) *
Yeah I read a little about that, its amazing.

That it is my friend.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 21 2007, 04:11 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Jason Becker, True Guitar God!!

His technique is unparalled.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 29 2007, 04:31 AM
Not just an inspirational guitarist but a true inspiration in every respect. A guy who finds the good parts of life however bad things get. A true genius composer like no other. I mean of a Bach level.

He has had such an impact on my life.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
swingline
Nov 30 2007, 07:21 AM
Yea I don't know of way to many people that after all that wouldn't throw in the towel on life, nonetheless their music career.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:59 AM