8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Announcement : Behavior Towards Instructors, All members should read this
Iluha
Nov 16 2007, 01:46 AM
GMC:er
Though I have no idea what incidents you are talking about, but I think this policy needs to be applied on both Instructors and Members.

I personally think the points in this policy are preety obvious, if you don't like something someone says, don't comment, it's very disrespectful.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bali
Nov 16 2007, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Nov 15 2007, 09:46 PM) *
Though I have no idea what incidents you are talking about, but I think this policy needs to be applied on both Instructors and Members.

I personally think the points in this policy are preety obvious, if you don't like something someone says, don't comment, it's very disrespectful.

Agreed

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 16 2007, 01:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Nov 16 2007, 01:46 AM) *

Full truth Illuha.
Just act to somebody in the way that you would like he acts to you,that's all. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 16 2007, 02:54 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Nov 15 2007, 06:46 PM) *

Naw, I don't agree.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 16 2007, 03:00 AM
I dont think I've ever been intentionally rude on this forum, I tend not to favour profanity as a way of getting my point across, but I realise I am a bit of an argument starter (albeit unintentionally), I also realise that I do come across as a bit aggressive sometimes as I have some very strong opinions on some matters, so I'm sorry If I've said or done anything that has caused anyone any offense - I honestly dont mean to do so, I'm just perhaps a bit too blunt sometimes.

I think Andrew perhaps realises this the most and notices that I do end up saying something daft every once in a while that I later regret, but this site is my favourite on the entire net and I wouldnt do anything intentionally destructive towards it, its a brilliant place and everyone on it deserves respect smile.gif

Edit: Just saw the posts above, I agree in thinking tha we should always be able to question something someone says, otherwise there wouldnt be much point in a forum at all, but I think this should always be done in a polite and civilised way smile.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 16 2007, 03:03 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 16 2007, 03:15 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Iluha @ Nov 16 2007, 01:46 AM) *

Between the lines of this announcement - you will also find a warning.

We will have extremely low tolerance for members not paying respect to these guidelines.

And yes I agree this is totally obvious - the reason we mention this now is because three different incidents recently have proven that this isn't obvious to everyone. Hopefully we will never have to mention this again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tank
Nov 16 2007, 03:35 AM
GMC Veteran
Although I don't know the details of the altercations that caused this to be enforced, I think it's fair enough. It's important that common rules of respect and decency are observed. Having experienced how difficult the freelicks forum became to administer, and the trouble Kris had, just because a small percentage of the population were constantly engaged in flaming and side sniping.

To be honest, I think it's a credit to all the members of the community, that we've lasted until now for such rules to be drawn. smile.gif And most of us will not be feel any effected in the slightest by this.

Normal service will be resumed shortly.

Nothing to see here... move along tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Nov 16 2007, 03:37 AM
Overall, this is the friendliest forum with the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to be involved with. smile.gif Unfortunately, guidelines like these will be necessary as this site grows...same old story of how a few rotten apples will spoil the whole bunch. I believe that most of us respect each other's opinions and are capable of having a friendly debate or difference of opinion without being rude or offensive. Anyway, I'm sure that this will help to ensure that our wonderful forum here will continue to be a great place to hang out...

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 16 2007, 03:45 AM
GMC Founder
Exactly Tank and ActiveX - this obviously only concerns 0,003% of gmc:ers. Until now occasional, non public warnings, have been enough.

But with the frequency of the last week - an announcement was unfortunately necessary.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Nov 18 2007, 08:52 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 16 2007, 03:00 AM) *
Edit: Just saw the posts above, I agree in thinking tha we should always be able to question something someone says, otherwise there wouldnt be much point in a forum at all, but I think this should always be done in a polite and civilised way smile.gif

Exactly - and this also means I agree with fkalich in the post above yours. There's a huge difference between being constructive and polite in a comment, and refraining from disagreement altogether (which would be sad).

It ought to be manageable for anyone to respectfully disagree, criticize constructively, question politely...

Off the web, I'm not known for being the most agreeable and super-polite person, but we're not speaking face-to-face here, people. Kris and Andrew can't punch you in the face for being rude or worse, and they shouldn't ever be given a reason to wish they could tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Nov 18 2007, 09:14 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I must say I love the atmosphere on GMC and the really positive feedback given to each and every member and I would hate for this to change.

All the instructors here do a phenominal job and have helped me enormously in the short time of being a member so I think it is only right for everyone to as nice as possible to every one here.

Alex

--------------------

+Quote Post
Twibeard
Nov 18 2007, 10:34 PM
QUOTE (Kaneda @ Nov 18 2007, 08:52 PM) *
It ought to be manageable for anyone to respectfully disagree, criticize constructively, question politely...

Off the web, I'm not known for being the most agreeable and super-polite person, but we're not speaking face-to-face here, people. Kris and Andrew can't punch you in the face for being rude or worse, and they shouldn't ever be given a reason to wish they could tongue.gif

+1 smile.gif

And off the web ... if anyone critisize the color of my Bike, the quality of my Axe, the look of my girlfriend or the teachings of my GMC guitar-instructor ...
poooff ... huh.gif dry.gif mad.gif mellow.gif ph34r.gif POW ph34r.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

Edited with a POW

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Nov 18 2007, 11:28 PM

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 26 2007, 06:22 PM
The Dark Canuck
I was very surprised to see this topic actually....and a little sad sad.gif

I've been away and do not know what transpired but I am glad things are resolved. This site is fantastic! Kris and the moderators do an amazing job keeping this site a friendly place for everyone. It's like one big giant family here. However, like with most families, there will be disagreements. But I'm glad we can get past them and enjoy the wonderful place Kris has created.

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 28 2007, 02:43 AM
IMO

I don't see how anyone could be negative in here about anything towards instructors or members. Shoot this place is big fun and I totally enjoy the music, the members and especially the instructors. I get somewhat discouraged at times in how hard a lesson may be, but that is why I am here. What slang I saw was just frustration being taken out on someone else, which is always unfair.

smile.gif

EDIT: Not to mention,,,, getting booted from GMC would be a nightmare all by itself.

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 28 2007, 02:51 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 13 2007, 07:21 AM
yeah, this is pretty sad that it needs to be addressed. But you know, there will always come a time when it's needed. Hopefully, this won't happen again. I love GMC, it's the only place I can go to and immediately get the information I need, because everyone is ON topic (with the occasionally lame comment, which is usually funny biggrin.gif), and there's no stupid comments and arguments that take up space and leave me searching for hours in the forums.
Yeah, hopefully this doesn't happen again, and I'll take the opportunity to shout out to everyone, AWESOME JOB! We really do do so well here, and we have a fantastic community that we can be proud of.
Cheers, guys!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Dec 18 2007, 07:25 AM
I am glad you are enforcing this policy. There are some people who just cannot grasp the concept of behavior with people in society. Being friendly to everyone is a simple task and unfortunately cannot be enforced as strictly in real life. Just because you disagree with someone does not give you the right to put someone else down. Opinions are opinions, a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. This means that what you say is purely a personal view. You can always agree to disagree. smile.gif This site is fantastic and will need a zero tolerance policy in order to stay amazing.

"If you don't have something good to say, don't say it at all!"

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
sam47
Dec 24 2007, 06:08 PM
It is a shame that people here have to be told how to act. Lessons are available at anyones any given moment. What do they have to bitch about?

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 24 2007, 06:19 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well Sam, Luckily these were just isolated incidents , and recently GMC has been just as cool as ever to hang out, if not even MORE better ! biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 26 2007, 12:36 AM
QUOTE (sam47 @ Dec 24 2007, 12:08 PM) *
It is a shame that people here have to be told how to act. Lessons are available at anyones any given moment. What do they have to bitch about?

so true...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 26 2007, 12:47 AM
Instructor
Thing is,most of the sites and forums around the web are crowded with unpolite guys,
they are mostly killing time by posting stupidity,being rude as much as possible,
that's one side of the medal called "NICK NAME".
And then they come to GMC thinking..."ahh another place to hang out and make fun".
Hang out...sure...have fun...sure.
But to hang someone...or to make fun of somebody... NOPE.
GMC just isn't place like many on the net and I like it soooo much,
GMC is looking for fine manners,nice talk,good music and playing.
Do you need something else??? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:28 AM