2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Lead Guitar Metal Distortion Pedal
erik
Nov 21 2007, 12:15 AM
GMC:er
it sounded really good! but it doesn't really fit for the band..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Nov 21 2007, 12:40 AM
QUOTE (erik @ Nov 20 2007, 05:54 PM) *
could you describe the metal muff? is it like a deep bass'y distortion, or is it more treeble/hi gain/thrashy? Since I'm the lead guitarist I should not have too much bass in my sound..

Actually, what most leads want is Mid push. From what I know, you should be able to dial in the right amount of mids on the Muff to cut through... but I haven't personally performed with one.

Hardtail

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 21 2007, 12:50 AM
Instructor
DF-7 can really give you whatever you want, it just requires some time to get the setting you want. You may be lucky and bump in the good setting right away, but it took me a few days to get my sound.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Nov 21 2007, 12:59 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 20 2007, 06:50 PM) *
DF-7 can really give you whatever you want, it just requires some time to get the setting you want. You may be lucky and bump in the good setting right away, but it took me a few days to get my sound.

Yes Pavel is quite right. Sometimes it takes me weeks to find the sounds I'm looking for outta different pieces of gear. Patience is important. wink.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:32 PM