Backing Track Play
besip
Nov 21 2007, 01:21 AM
GMC:er
hey guys lot of recomendations here is to play over backing track

i'm have question--it's ok to play over backing track for example some easy exersize..with diferent speed like backing is??

for example the backing track for first 101 lesson is 100bpm..it's ok if i'm play the exersize slowly like 100bpm???

and 1 more when i'm play over backing track do i'm have to use also in that case metronom??

thanks Rene

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 21 2007, 01:22 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 21 2007, 02:37 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Nov 20 2007, 06:21 PM) *
hey guys lot of recomendations here is to play over backing track

i'm have question--it's ok to play over backing track for example some easy exersize..with diferent speed like backing is??

for example the backing track for first 101 lesson is 100bpm..it's ok if i'm play the exersize slowly like 100bpm???

and 1 more when i'm play over backing track do i'm have to use also in that case metronom??

thanks Rene

Yes, it is great to use a backing as a less boring metronome, but not as replacement for it. The backing should be something that is easy to understand the timing so you know if you are playing in time or not. Also the backing and thing you play should sound good together or you will start training your ear to bad sounds. Plus if they sound good together, that is where the fun comes in.

As far as speed. Speed means nothing if it is not played right, so there is no "too SLow". Also I am learning the hard way that if you do play something very slow for long enough the speed comes natural. I wish some one told me that 20 years ago.
Rene, You inspire me to know that you are working so hard to learn. You are in the right place to do just that and you are going to have a great time doing so. Good luck to you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 21 2007, 02:39 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 21 2007, 03:14 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Nov 20 2007, 08:37 PM) *
Yes, it is great to use a backing as a less boring metronome, but not as replacement for it. The backing should be something that is easy to understand the timing so you know if you are playing in time or not. Also the backing and thing you play should sound good together or you will start training your ear to bad sounds. Plus if they sound good together, that is where the fun comes in.

As far as speed. Speed means nothing if it is not played right, so there is no "too SLow". Also I am learning the hard way that if you do play something very slow for long enough the speed comes natural. I wish some one told me that 20 years ago.
Rene, You inspire me to know that you are working so hard to learn. You are in the right place to do just that and you are going to have a great time doing so. Good luck to you.

I,m realy thanks for answer cool.gif
so if i'm understand this right there is no problem play in more speedd or lower speed over the backing track..the point is i'm have find way when the backing and exersizes sound goodd together right???

my isn't soun good yet biggrin.gif i'm have probaly find some point in the backing track and try to play the exersize just from that point..repeat that 1-2-3 times wait again for the point and go again and if that's not be sound good i'm will nedd find diferent point rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by besip: Nov 21 2007, 03:15 AM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 21 2007, 04:17 AM
Andrew is in here he will add to what I said biggrin.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 21 2007, 04:28 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Nov 20 2007, 10:17 PM) *
Andrew is in here he will add to what I said biggrin.gif

he was here long time ago

so i'm i right?? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 21 2007, 01:03 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Yes you are right - the on;y thing is that the backing track has to be the right speed for what you are working on. Its hard to increase the speed of a backing track to play faster, but it can be done with the right software. If you are training for speed you need that. Apart from that,. I find playing to a backing track a lot more fun but you can;t 100% replace a metronome.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 21 2007, 01:14 PM
Instructor
Backing track is helpfull because your ear is listening to the music assosiated with your exercise end remebers it. You can hear the harmony behind your notes. This is why backing can be very helpfull. BUT practise everything very slowly with a click.
My advice is ti practise starting of whole notes on 60bpm and gradually build up to slower backing track tempo. Then practise a little with slower backing track. Then carry on until you reach the default tempo of the lesson. When you are comfortable enough playing the exercise - always play it with the backings later as you will develop your ear a little on the way.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
besip
Nov 21 2007, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 21 2007, 07:03 AM) *
Yes you are right - the on;y thing is that the backing track has to be the right speed for what you are working on. Its hard to increase the speed of a backing track to play faster, but it can be done with the right software. If you are training for speed you need that. Apart from that,. I find playing to a backing track a lot more fun but you can;t 100% replace a metronome.

i'm didn't wana increase speed over backing track i'm just wanna do something funy and feel more music rolleyes.gif

i'm was try this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/speed-alt...ing-lesson1.htm

that's exerisez on E minor/aeolian - scale suggestion for this lesson's backing track

the exersize from that video is on HI-E and B string.
the my problem is to put just the exersize to the backing track..take the right speed and timing...{i'm don't wanna train speed there}

probaly i'm must find my own way smile.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:52 PM