Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Idea For Lessons?
drummingguitaris...
post Nov 30 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.476

Maybe every once in awhile, we should have like a user submitted video of lessons about popular songs or what not, or pieces of popular songs, and should enter them into a contest like once a month or something. Maybe just like 2 vids, one of the song/piece of song played slow, the other played normal speed, and discussion about what it does.

Example:

drummingguitarist06's User Video of the Month

This month, you will be taught all the solo from the famous song by the Eagles - Hotel California.

I play it at normal speed, then break it down with text description of the tab, and one played at slow speed.

I just think that'd be a nifty idea. Any takers?

--------------------
-->Chris D.<--

My Gear:
Fender DG-xxx Acoustic/Electric
Crate GX-15 series
Ibanez GRG170DX Electric w/ FR Trem
My heart, imagination, hopes, and dreams.

My top 5 influences:
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Carlos Augusto Alves Santana
Saul Hudson (Slash)
Eric Patrick Clapton
Kirk Lee Hammett

thedarkblues06 wrote:

jpast wrote:

He wishes he was in the minority. Nothing like making out with guys to stick it to the man. (Pun intended)
(Off-hand comment made about Pete Wentz wishing he was gay.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Nov 30 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #2

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

Contests that will get people trying harder and practicing more are always good idea!..I think in "Collaborations" forums can be made a similar thing , like different users recording solos on backing tracks and than everybody voting for the best one.Its easier to record audio rather audio/video...Also I think its not possible for now to have famous songs on web sites In any form. sad.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Nov 30 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

We love competions here at GMC - we have a lot more planned after the fun we had with the TShirts.

Whilst we can't use copyrighted material for this kind of thing, we are thinking about competitions a little like this - one of the challenges is to separate different levels of guitar players or it wouldn't be very fair.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
drummingguitaris...
post Dec 1 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #4

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.476

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 30 2007, 12:31 PM) *
We love competions here at GMC - we have a lot more planned after the fun we had with the TShirts.

Whilst we can't use copyrighted material for this kind of thing, we are thinking about competitions a little like this - one of the challenges is to separate different levels of guitar players or it wouldn't be very fair.

Truly a challenge. I DID forget copyrighted stuff isn't allowed. Major drag. Everyone on this site is fair and fun, I would think they would honestly place themselves into their own category. I would put myself in beginner/intermediate. I not good enough for intermediate, but not quite a beginner either. I would love to jump on this, let me know if this goes anywhere.

--------------------
-->Chris D.<--

My Gear:
Fender DG-xxx Acoustic/Electric
Crate GX-15 series
Ibanez GRG170DX Electric w/ FR Trem
My heart, imagination, hopes, and dreams.

My top 5 influences:
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Carlos Augusto Alves Santana
Saul Hudson (Slash)
Eric Patrick Clapton
Kirk Lee Hammett

thedarkblues06 wrote:

jpast wrote:

He wishes he was in the minority. Nothing like making out with guys to stick it to the man. (Pun intended)
(Off-hand comment made about Pete Wentz wishing he was gay.)

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 01:45 PM