2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Chuck Schuldiner
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 2 2007, 06:16 PM
GMC:er
Crazy Death Metal guitarist and who I really want to get like one day on guitar. I love Death solos but I'm not good enough to play them. He is an incredibly fast picker that very rarely uses hammer ons or pull offs. Can anyone help me with picking an exercise lesson that can help me nail the solo at the following link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpGQWw3p1g

Mainly the 2nd solo which is Chuck's solo. He is my idol and I wanna nail that solo. This is before he could really shred on guitar so I may have a chance biggrin.gif.

Solos start at 03:10 through.

Also any idea what pedals he uses? I think he has the same amp as me onstage.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 2 2007, 06:14 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 2 2007, 06:55 PM
Can't help you with solo's sorry. But I do study/imitate his riff works though. One of my fav guitarist.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2007, 12:00 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I love his stuff!!

Chuck is amazing, i miss him so much sad.gif

I only know a few death songs with solo's, Like "Crystal Mountain", "Bite The Pain", "Flesh And The Power It Holds", "Cosmic Sea" and "The Philosopher".

I am able to play these, thanks to Pavel's Alternate Picking lessons, they are very good lessons, check them out! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 3 2007, 12:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 3 2007, 12:00 AM) *
I am able to play these, thanks to Pavel's Alternate Picking lessons, they are very good lessons, check them out! smile.gif

Wow, didn't know those lessons are THAT effective biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thanks man! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2007, 12:43 AM
When i first came here, it was You and Kris as main instructors. I spent Ungodly amounts of hours practicing all your lessons, and Kris' lessons, once you started doing Alternate Picking lessons, that all i did for atleast 2-3 months.

It paid off smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2007, 01:50 AM
I'm starting to learn Alternate Picking Lesson 1 now. Cheers for the help guys biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 3 2007, 01:53 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2007, 02:04 AM
Here are some awesome videos of Death. I just have to put them up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euHMldrw4fw...feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woML9M5UBSc

and the most Legendary Death song ever!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i38m-xGX7io...feature=related

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2007, 02:06 AM
Great songs. My favourite song is 1,000 eyes followed by Perennial Quest and Defensive Personalities

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2007, 02:08 AM
My favorites would have to be the entire "Human" album, Crystal Mountain, Zero Tolerance, Bite The Pain, and a few others, actually, many others.

Well, you have officially put me in a Death mood (thats a good thing! tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2007, 02:10 AM
I constantly watch their 3 Official DVD's. Great Music and he is one hell of a guitarist. I will become as good as him one day.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2007, 02:11 AM
He is truly an amazing Musician,

Man, i still cant believe he is gone. I miss him so much, i cried the day i heard about it. Atleast we still got his music, some of the best there was and ever will be!!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 3 2007, 03:18 AM
What, cant believe you guys never mentioned Spiritual Healing.

Uncreator, I vote you to do a review for a Death album. Im sure sooner or later people would come and like them as much as Opeth is rising here.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 3 2007, 03:19 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 3 2007, 03:19 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 3 2007, 02:18 AM) *

My favourite Death album but not my favourite song. I do love James Murphy's guitaring also however.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 3 2007, 04:11 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 2 2007, 06:18 PM) *

Uncreator, I vote you to do a review for a Death album. Im sure sooner or later people would come and like them as much as Opeth is rising here.

Don't get me wrong, still amazing!!

PS

Alright, you convinced me, i wrote one, im gonna do more Death albums though. wink.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 3 2007, 04:44 AM

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Dec 4 2007, 02:35 AM
Chiming in to say that Voice of the Soul on Sound of Perseverance is a great piece of music, and you should check it out. It's just layers of acoustic and electric guitars, no bass drums or vocals present, and it's still the best track on that album. Simply stunning and beautiful.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 4 2007, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (KRmachine @ Dec 4 2007, 01:35 AM) *
Chiming in to say that Voice of the Soul on Sound of Perseverance is a great piece of music, and you should check it out. It's just layers of acoustic and electric guitars, no bass drums or vocals present, and it's still the best track on that album. Simply stunning and beautiful.

Yep awesome song.

His most thoughtful piece though was the lead guitar he did on his mates song in tribute to Randy Rhoads.

http://www.emptywords.org/downloads.htm

Right at the top of the page called Hardly A Day Goes By. You will be impressed if you haven't heard. Some of Chuck's greatest work.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Dec 4 2007, 03:03 AM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 4 2007, 04:01 AM
That his some of his best, havent heard it in awhile, thanks for the link.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 7 2007, 03:43 PM
Instructor
I love Death and Chuck, it's so sad that he isn't with us no more sad.gif

A true innovator in the Death metal -genre

-Toni

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 7 2007, 03:46 PM
Hey, maybe an In The Style Of Chuck Schuldiner in the future? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Dec 18 2007, 12:22 AM
I love Death, Chuck is an amazing, his solos are sick, and his riffs are awesome and innovative! Great songwriter.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:06 PM